Chad Kuhl

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Chad Kuhl

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Kuhl started off very good this year. His last few outings have been bad. Does he get sent down?

I like Kuhl. He actually is getting hit on good location pitches. His down and away are resulting in hits. Is that just unlucky? I don't know, but I do know he isn't getting the results.

SammyKhalifa

Chad Kuhl

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Maybe Kingham will get himself ready and become an attractive option.

Maybe.
Quail

Chad Kuhl

Post by Quail »

If the coaches think there's something he can work on more successfully at AAA rather than with the Pirates then I'm all for having him do that. If not then why not let him continue in the rotation. It's not like the Pirates are going to lose a chance at the playoffs because Kuhl continues to start.
Ecbucs

Chad Kuhl

Post by Ecbucs »

5C786C64610D0 wrote: If the coaches think there's something he can work on more successfully at AAA rather than with the Pirates then I'm all for having him do that. If not then why not let him continue in the rotation. It's not like the Pirates are going to lose a chance at the playoffs because Kuhl continues to start.

looked up his splits, righthanded batters are hitting

185 264 231 for OPS of 485

lefthanders

414 493 707 OPS of 1.199

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Chad Kuhl

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Can bring up Steven Brault. He is pitching well in the Indy.

Eppler, Holmes, and Hutchison are options too.

johnfluharty

Chad Kuhl

Post by johnfluharty »

I think he should work on his problems in the minors. I'm not sure what's up with him, but one thing he needs to solve is why his fastball ranges from the lower to the upper 90s from pitch to pitch. He needs consistency. Does he get too emotional? Could it be mechanical? I think I am inclined to agree- it may be time to bring up Brault and see if his recent success translates over to the major leagues. I say this not in a win-now mentality but a developmental one. If Kuhl can just as effectively work out his troubles in AAA then we can use that as an opportunity to give Brault some time on a major league mound.