Joni Sledge, Sister Sledge Singer, Dead at 60

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BenM

Post by BenM »

I still have the album my father played as we celebrated the '79 victory. I made kind of a vow not to play it until they won the WS again. I hope I will need to buy a turntable in the next couple of years.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

By brother used to sing this over and over, heh
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Let's win it all for Sister Sledge.
Docjon49

Post by Docjon49 »

Sorry to hear of her passing, but I always HATED that freakin' song. It figures they'd associate a song I couldn't stand with my favorite ballclub.

I might not even have hated it before they started playing it. . . it might have been the overexposure that did it
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

5C777B7277762C21180 wrote: Sorry to hear of her passing, but I always HATED that freakin' song.  It figures they'd associate a song I couldn't stand with my favorite ballclub.

I might not even have hated it before they started playing it. . . it might have been the overexposure that did it

Have you ever heard the long-form 1960s "Bucs are Goin all the way" song?  It's the same six second chant only repeated for what I could swear is seven and a half minutes.  Ugh.

Probably still better than "Pirates Generation" though heh.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4B606C6560613B360F0 wrote: Sorry to hear of her passing, but I always HATED that freakin' song.  It figures they'd associate a song I couldn't stand with my favorite ballclub.

Same here. Hated that song.