Jose Osuna Having a Good Spring

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I think Jose Osuna is opening some eyes with his play this spring. My guess is that he will be one of the first players recalled if there is an injury to one of the outfielders or to the corner infielders.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

646869323B323A37302F35020 wrote: I think Jose Osuna is opening some eyes with his play this spring. My guess is that he will be one of the first players recalled if there is an injury to one of the outfielders or to the corner infielders.

Sure looks like he has passed Rogers (is he still even around?)
PMike

Post by PMike »

I agree. I like Osuna a lot. Though, I was on record here singing the praises of Harold Ramirez at this time in ST. Ramirez had a crazy spring last year.

The good thing is we should see a whole lot of him and Meadows as the other three are gone for the WBC. Meadow's HR today was impressive.
mouse

Post by mouse »

I've been an Osuna fan for some time, but have viewed him mainly (from an offensive standpoint) as an on-base type guy. A lower-cost Jaso. Not sure if this power is real, or just a spring phenomenon.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

You could definitely see Osuna being on the team at some point this season if there is an injury. This team needs all the bench help it can get this season with the losses of guys like Joyce and Rodriguez.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

40677672776A55617677776A130 wrote: You could definitely see Osuna being on the team at some point this season if there is an injury. This team needs all the bench help it can get this season with the losses of guys like Joyce and Rodriguez.

I agree, but who are you replacing?
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

I like what he's doing but it seems so awkward. He just doesn't strike me as an athlete. I don't know if that matters or not.
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

75484F55484F210 wrote: I like what he's doing but it seems so awkward.  He just doesn't strike me as an athlete.  I don't know if that matters or not.

He's lost some weight, but not too much.

Most non athletes aren't going to have enough bat speed to drop the bat head down and put it out of the park.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v1232397083/atlp ... _pk=509877
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

That's true, but with some guys you'll hear the announcers talk about their athleticism. With others, you don't. Osuna is a don't. I've always been a fan of his, just for his name. I think it has good poetic quality. LOL.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

On Bucs Talk this morning on The Fan I was surprised to hear that Osuna has worked out a little at third base this spring.