Indians and Dodgers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Indians and Dodgers

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

The Dodgers have won two games out of their last 15 since being on the cover of Sports Illustrated asking "best team ever".

The Indians are going for the AL record of 21 wins in the row today. They are the free MLB game of the day, but it is blacked out for me in Pittsburgh. They only had 24,000 fans in attendance to see them tying the record last night.

I hope the Indians do it. They are up now 4-3 in the sixth inning. You can listen for free on MLB.com.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Indians and Dodgers

I am listening to the Indians game. The Indians announcer is going nuts. If you don't like Greg Brown, you will hate this guy.

I am enjoying this broadcast. They are headed into the 9th.
SammyKhalifa

Indians and Dodgers

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Glad for the Indians. My (distant) second team.
rucker59@gmail.com

Indians and Dodgers

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

21. WOW!

One of my best friends is from Cleveland. after years of abuse from me he's thoroughly enjoying serving up huge helpings of crow for me to eat.
DemDog

Indians and Dodgers

Post by DemDog »

Been an Indians fan (2nd Favorite Team) about as long as I have been for the Buccos.

As a kid parents took me to visit a cousin for one week in the summer. One of the things we always did was have our dad's take us to an Indians game. Later in the summer couosins would come to visit us for a week and again dads took us to a Buccos game.

Since the Indians have not won it all since the year of both my cousin and I, 1948 I am rooting for them big time since my beloved Buccos are not in the race. To the fans in Cleveland I shout, "Let's Go Tribe!!!" And congrats for setting the new AL longest winning streat record.
dmetz

Indians and Dodgers

Post by dmetz »

I watched the A's get 20 at a bar with some friends in college. We went ballistic and I distinctly remember saying about how we witnessed a once in a lifetime event and would never see that again.

15 years later, it's broken. Incredible. Go Tribe. Get 22 !
JollyRoger

Indians and Dodgers

Post by JollyRoger »

My best friend is from Cleveland. We both live in Southern California now. A few years ago we put on our bucket list that if the Indians or Pirates made it to a World Series we would fly back and root for each other's team. Last year I could only go to the WS opener. My friend wanted to go to game 6 & 7. Unfortunately only he went and saw the Tribe lose both games. This year if they make it I will be there with him. Go Tribe. Hopefully he returns the favor before we kick the can.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Indians and Dodgers

It still makes no sense to me that the 1916 New York Giants hold the record with 26 in a row. They had a tie game in the middle of the streak.

They might have 26 games of not losing, but that isn't a 26 game win streak.
rucker59@gmail.com

Indians and Dodgers

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Unreal - Indians tie the game in the 9th and win in the 10th.

22 straight wins.

Jay Bruce with winning RBI.

I wonder: if the Pirates had signed Bruce, would they be in the race?
Ecbucs

Indians and Dodgers

Post by Ecbucs »

1215030B0512555920070D01090C4E030F0D600 wrote: Unreal - Indians tie the game in the 9th and win in the 10th. 

22 straight wins. 

Jay Bruce with winning RBI.

I wonder: if the Pirates had signed Bruce, would they be in the race?

If the Pirates would have the same winning streak they would be in first place. Unlikely but nice to fantasize about.