Sunday ... A couple of thoughts

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

That was simply a bone head play by Cervelli.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Meanwhile we have a catcher at AAA that is playing great.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

You know, the problem isn't losing today's game.

The problem was losing yesterday's game.

This has been a good week for the Pirates.

They won 3 of 4 vs. Detroit and lost the Verlander game.

They beat Stroman on Friday night.

If they had beaten a guy making his MLB debut yesterday, they would have won 2 of 3 in this series and had a superb week -- regardless of what happened today.

I don't feel bad about the Verlander loss or today's loss. It's yesterday's mostly inexcusable loss that puts a damper on the week.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Gotta bounce back against both the Brewers and the Cards. Hopefully we lose no ground today and stay 3 back of both the Cubs and Cards. Nova and Cole pitching in the 2 games in Milwaukee against Davies and Nelson so definitely an opportunity to win both of those games in Milwaukee.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

715C51404756410102330 wrote: I wonder if Mercer could have tagged the runner before stealing if home occurred?
No, the runner stopped to prevent that.

Yeah, but he wasn't that far away from Mercer. Smart base running, but I thought he went too far.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2C272F2326273C797F083129202727662B27480 wrote: I wonder if Mercer could have tagged the runner before stealing if home occurred?
No, the runner stopped to prevent that.

Yeah, but he wasn't that far away from Mercer. Smart base running, but I thought he went too far.

Are you kidding? He was nowhere near Mercer.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

777F7C4B5D785F503E0 wrote: Have to say...I'm sort of a closet Jays fan.  A few weeks ago when I was livid at the Bucs (still sort of torqued off at them, FWIW), I tried to become a full time Jays fan (and Astros and Cards).  I'd say they are definitely my favorite AL team.  Toronto is one of my favorite cities to visit.  Absolutely beautiful city, with amazing people.  Would go back to Toronto in an instant.

Have been to Toronto several times as well but that was when my kid was and kid and not an adult. Found Toronto to be an amazing cosmopolitan city with many, many, things to do besides go to Maple Leaf gardens. Got to eat at the Hard Rock at the stadium, what a place that is both HR and the stadium. Like you I would go back there in a Pgh minute.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

I didn't watch much this weekend, but they need to start beating these crappy teams.

I fear the injuries are catching up to them now. They need to bring in an outfielder. There has to be some cheap options on the waiver wire considering what other players are going for right now.

Cervelli had a bad road trip and is now hurt. Polanco just hasn't been healthy. Freese is getting tired. After praising Williams and Kuhl, they hit a bump. They have to start picking each other up. Plenty of games left against the Division, but this is a series they need to win.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

2D262E2227263D787E093028212626672A26490 wrote: I didn't watch much this weekend, but they need to start beating these crappy teams. 

I fear the injuries are catching up to them now.  They need to bring in an outfielder.  There has to be some cheap options on the waiver wire considering what other players are going for right now. 

Cervelli had a bad road trip and is now hurt.  Polanco just hasn't been healthy.  Freese is getting tired.  After praising Williams and Kuhl, they hit a bump.  They have to start picking each other up.  Plenty of games left against the Division, but this is a series they need to win.

We'll forgive my disbelief, but you appear to have just acknowledged the same things you've been battling others for saying over and over. In other words, there is no excuse for the way this season has been handled. Just a week ago you defended the organization for not going after Bruce as the Indians walked away with him for $5M. Now,middle of August, you think another OFer would be a good idea? Not much out there today. There was a week ago.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Polanco got hurt.

Cervelli got hurt.

Weakens the team big time.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

4E454D4144455E1B1D6A534B4245450449452A0 wrote: Polanco got hurt.

Cervelli got hurt.

Weakens the team big time.

You just described the whole season. Why are you suddenly asking for help?