Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

4/30 Going For Sweep

Post by Bobster21 »

Wow, the killer defense strikes again.
CutchisaBoss

4/30 Going For Sweep

Post by CutchisaBoss »

1B363B2A2D3C2B6B68590 wrote: Wow, the killer defense strikes again.

I know we've seen a lot of errors before, but this has been ridiculous. It's not Pedro missing a throw, it's guys slipping on banana peals and soft hit balls slipping out of gloves...
dogknot17@yahoo.co

4/30 Going For Sweep

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Harrison's error cost the a run.

Then on the rundown, Stewart faked a throw and Harrison faked a throw. You should never fake a throw in a rundown. Harrison also ran him down going home, not to third. Bad fundamentals.

CutchisaBoss

4/30 Going For Sweep

Post by CutchisaBoss »

4C6A6B7C6A7A090 wrote: I see them spending a lot of time talking about Jose Fernandez on the telecast, and while it was a terrible tragedy what happened to him when they talk about him on the broadcast they need to stop acting like he had nothing to do with his own death.

What happened with him was horrible but it was also very very preventable as well if Fernandez would have taken some responsibility for his own decisions that he made that night.

hoping you forgot some words, punctuation, whatever.  IMO, this one belongs in the worst posts ever on a message board file.

It might have been poorly worded...but he and his friends did get really intoxicated, did some drugs, then did something very stupid that could have risked the life of others too. It's a tragedy yes, but Freddy has a point.
SteadyFreddy

4/30 Going For Sweep

Post by SteadyFreddy »

715756415747340 wrote: I see them spending a lot of time talking about Jose Fernandez on the telecast, and while it was a terrible tragedy what happened to him when they talk about him on the broadcast they need to stop acting like he had nothing to do with his own death.

What happened with him was horrible but it was also very very preventable as well if Fernandez would have taken some responsibility for his own decisions that he made that night.

hoping you forgot some words, punctuation, whatever.  IMO, this one belongs in the worst posts ever on a message board file. He killed two people because he was drunk and on cocaine and the Marlins owner wants to erect a statue of the guy. You don't find that somewhat troubling at all?? Have you ever had one of your good friends or family members killed at a young age because somebody got drunk and did drugs?? I have went through that I'm sorry to say and to praise a guy like Fernandez for what he did is a disgrace in my opinion. It makes me sick to my stomach to be completely honest with you.
BenM

4/30 Going For Sweep

Post by BenM »

Does it look as bad as it sounds on the radio?

ETA At least he was able to try and throw some pitches. It sounded like it could have been a lot worse.
SteadyFreddy

4/30 Going For Sweep

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Marlins take the lead 4-3. Should have yanked Williams after he walked two guys in a row with two outs. You hate to have this one get away after being up 3-0 early on with a chance to sweep and finish the month of April at .500 at 12-12.
CutchisaBoss

4/30 Going For Sweep

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Hudson sucks
SteadyFreddy

4/30 Going For Sweep

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Now 7-3 Marlins as the defense continues to stink and Hudson comes in and gives up a bunch of runs. Sucks to have this one get away after jumping on the Marlins early in this game. Doesn't look like the Pirates will end the month with a.500 record. All in all good to start this stretch of 14 out of 17 games on the road by winning 2 out of 3. Hopefully we can go to Cincy and get some payback on the Reds for sweeping the Pirates a few weeks ago.
Ecbucs

4/30 Going For Sweep

Post by Ecbucs »

71564743465B64504746465B220 wrote: I see them spending a lot of time talking about Jose Fernandez on the telecast, and while it was a terrible tragedy what happened to him when they talk about him on the broadcast they need to stop acting like he had nothing to do with his own death.

What happened with him was horrible but it was also very very preventable as well [highlight]if Fernandez would have taken some responsibility for his own decisions that he made that night.[/highlight]

hoping you forgot some words, punctuation, whatever.  IMO, this one belongs in the worst posts ever on a message board file. He killed two people because he was drunk and on cocaine and the Marlins owner wants to erect a statue of the guy. You don't find that somewhat troubling at all?? Have you ever had one of your good friends or family members killed at a young age because somebody got drunk and did drugs?? I have went through that I'm sorry to say and to praise a guy like Fernandez for what he did is a disgrace in my opinion. It makes me sick to my stomach to be completely honest with you.

the part of your post I take issue with is highlighted above. Since he was killed he never had a chance to take responsibility.

certainly he did more than one stupid thing that night and it resulted in deaths.