May 17th Thread - Cole is sure to lose 1-0.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

Post by dmetz »

6D6A7C747A6D2A265F78727E7673317C70721F0 wrote: JOSH!!!

3-0!
Bell is becoming a force! If only he had teammates who could play baseball. But I suppose he will be scheduled for a day off tomorrow so that Jaso can play 1B.

This is going to be Bell's and Meadows team next year.  Here's hoping the FO tries to build something that can contend.

Boy I hope not. If this is Bell and Meadows team next year (as in they're the key players) we will lose 100+.

We should probably see if Meadows can hit better than a bad shortstop at AAA before we start talking about how awesome and "can't miss" he is . So far, not happening for him
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Just heard Jaso say a clip on the fan when they asked him about when the fans boo him for bad play he said "I'd like to go see the Fans go out and try and grab a bat and hit off Strasburg, or catch a ball in the outfield since none of them never got past JV ball." Yep real good there John blame the fans who pay your salary for your inability to hit the ball and not be able to field as well. I'm really done with this dreadlock jackass after hearing him make comments like this.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

Jaso is probably just feeling really frustrated right now. I've been watching the games; he has hit the ball hard a lot and has very little to show for it. We are all prone to say stupid things when we are angry or frustrated from time to time. So, saying something like that one time is worth forgiving, IMO. If he says things like that consistently, though, then its a deeper problem.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

474245434B4158454C5F59542D0 wrote: We are all prone to say stupid things when we are angry or frustrated from time to time.  So, saying something like that one time is worth forgiving, IMO.  If he says things like that consistently, though, then its a deeper problem.

I agree.  Every one of us say things like that, it's just that not all of us are on tape at the time. 

Now what he said probably shouldn't be aired out in public, but that doesn't make it not TRUE.  I did not hear him blaming the fans.  I only heard him say that the fans can't know what it's like, which again is true. 

That all said, since we called up an actual real-life outfielder I hope not to see him in the outfield again. 
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

5B525A4B453F0 wrote: JOSH!!!

3-0!
Bell is becoming a force! If only he had teammates who could play baseball. But I suppose he will be scheduled for a day off tomorrow so that Jaso can play 1B.

This is going to be Bell's and Meadows team next year.  Here's hoping the FO tries to build something that can contend.

Boy I hope not.   If this is Bell and Meadows  team next year (as in they're the key players) we will lose 100+.   

We should probably see if Meadows can hit better than a bad shortstop at AAA before we start talking about how awesome and "can't miss" he is .   So far, not happening for him

Maybe the Pirates can go out and acquire Encarnacion... No that's Cleveland.

Meadows and Bell better hit because it's their team next year. You think the Pirates are going to go out and acquire talent? How about the the Best Outfield in Baseball being the Biggest Bust in Baseball?

This team needs to be rebuilt and its those two guys that better come through because they represent the best we've got in the lineup.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

093B37372311323B36333C3B5A0 wrote: We are all prone to say stupid things when we are angry or frustrated from time to time.  So, saying something like that one time is worth forgiving, IMO.  If he says things like that consistently, though, then its a deeper problem.

I agree.  Every one of us say things like that, it's just that not all of us are on tape at the time. 

Now what he said probably shouldn't be aired out in public, but that doesn't make it not TRUE.  I did not hear him blaming the fans.  I only heard him say that the fans can't know what it's like, which again is true. 

That all said, since we called up an actual real-life outfielder I hope not to see him in the outfield again.  The fans have the right to boo and criticize Jaso all they want and if he doesn't like it then too damn bad. Nobody wants to hear a guy like Jaso who is batting .150 making 4 million dollars a year making comments like that whether it's true or not. You never hear a guy like Cole or Cutch say stuff like this when things are going bad for them. I guarantee guys like Coonelly and Nutting aren't going to be happy hearing a guy like Jaso making a comment like this when the fans have already turned on the majority of the front office.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

00273632372A15213637372A530 wrote: We are all prone to say stupid things when we are angry or frustrated from time to time.  So, saying something like that one time is worth forgiving, IMO.  If he says things like that consistently, though, then its a deeper problem.

That all said, since we called up an actual real-life outfielder I hope not to see him in the outfield again.  The fans have the right to boo and criticize Jaso all they want and if he doesn't like it then too damn bad.  Nobody wants to hear a guy like Jaso who is batting .150 making 4 million dollars a year making comments like that whether it's true or not. You never hear a guy like Cole or Cutch say stuff like this when things are going bad for them. I guarantee guys like Coonelly and Nutting aren't going to be happy hearing a guy like Jaso making a comment like this when the fans have already turned on the majority of the front office.

Sure they have a right to boo. 

Doesn't mean I can't think they're jerks for doing so. 

Never understood that argument.

Look, he is obviously frustrated and said something I am sure he wishes he could take back, or at least phrase in a different way.  Everyone does that.  I'd argue that if Cutch or Cole said something like that fans would just let it slide.  They're looking for reasons to not like Jaso or other guys like that.