5/21 Game Thread - Kuhl Runnings vs Phils

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

202B232F2A2B307573043D252C2B2B6A272B440 wrote: Convinced Hurdle doesn't understand the Double Switch.

Rivero is in for Nicasio. Ortiz could have just pinched hit for Nicasio knowing he wouldn't bat or pitch a second inning.

Now, Bell is out of the game in the four hole and could that spot could bat again. Hurdle wasted two players for one spot. It just doesn't make sense. It's a one run game.  (I also think Bell is fine on defense, Jaso is better, but not that much better to remove the bat).
I agree 100%. Hurdle's game decisions continue to defy logic.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Hanson is now batting instead of Bell. I guess if it goes extra innings, Ortiz can bat again.

It's not even a strategy, it's bad game management. I would love to know why he makes these moves but the local media is afraid to ask questions.

Hanson did get a hit.

1-0 Pirates, first and second.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Rivero closing?!

Is Watson available?
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

7B7C6A626C7B3C30496E64686065276A6664090 wrote: Rivero closing?!

Is Watson available?

Oops my bad. I'm watching the pens at the same time.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Watson with another clean inning. Two in a row for him.

Not much action today. A win is a win.

Raise it.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Bucs have quietly won 6 of their last 8. I said about a week ago the Pirates had to start winning some series and go 4-2 on this homestand and they did that. Now you have another chance this week playing 7 games against the Braves and Mets who aren't playing well to stack more wins. I agree with the double switching Bell thing as well. It's getting ridiculous and Hurdle needs to stop doing it period. It's gonna costs the Pirates at some point the more he does it for no reason at all.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

4F626F7E79687F3F3C0D0 wrote: Convinced Hurdle doesn't understand the Double Switch.

Rivero is in for Nicasio. Ortiz could have just pinched hit for Nicasio knowing he wouldn't bat or pitch a second inning.

Now, Bell is out of the game in the four hole and could that spot could bat again. Hurdle wasted two players for one spot. It just doesn't make sense. It's a one run game.  (I also think Bell is fine on defense, Jaso is better, but not that much better to remove the bat).

No matter how hard I try, I cannot figure out what he was thinking.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5550575159534A575E4D4B463F0 wrote: Convinced Hurdle doesn't understand the Double Switch.

No matter how hard I try, I cannot figure out what he was thinking. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrCPIrs90eg
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

If the Pirates can go 7-3 in these next 10 games to finish up the month of May they will be back to .500 at 27-27 going into June. The next 10 games consist of 4 in Atlanta, 3 at home with the Mets, and 3 at home with the DBacks so it's definitely possible.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

I was hoping for .500 at the start of June for the return of Kang.

I think they need to make a trade for a true outfielder. It could make a difference. Nothing major, but someone.