Trade Deadline Deals

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Re: Trade Deadline Deals

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Javy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:40 pm Just saw Austin Hays from the Orioles to the Phillies. While he's not having a normally productive season compared to other years, he would have been a decent addition to the Bucs. The price tag of Seranthony Dominguez and Cristan Pache was not steep, as I have watched Dominguez struggle the last few years as he recovered from TJ surgery, and Pache is an extreme lightweight as a hitter.

Hopefully, the Bucs can get in on someone like Isaac Paredes from the Rays, De La Cruz from the Marlins or Lane Thomas from the Nationals. I'm thinking Paredes for 1st base and move Tellez into a DH platoon with Cutch.
How about a real blockbuster both De La Cruz to Bucs along with Chisholm. Not sure what it would take to get this trade done, but it would help the offense.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Bae needs to step up and claim an OF spot , starting tonite ! He gets on fire, Pirates looking good.
Javy

Post by Javy »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:00 pm
Javy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:40 pm Just saw Austin Hays from the Orioles to the Phillies. While he's not having a normally productive season compared to other years, he would have been a decent addition to the Bucs. The price tag of Seranthony Dominguez and Cristan Pache was not steep, as I have watched Dominguez struggle the last few years as he recovered from TJ surgery, and Pache is an extreme lightweight as a hitter.

Hopefully, the Bucs can get in on someone like Isaac Paredes from the Rays, De La Cruz from the Marlins or Lane Thomas from the Nationals. I'm thinking Paredes for 1st base and move Tellez into a DH platoon with Cutch.
How about a real blockbuster both De La Cruz to Bucs along with Chisholm. Not sure what it would take to get this trade done, but it would help the offense.
Hmm. not sure what it would take either, but I imagine they want a lot for Chisolm. I'm a little cold on Jazz due to his frequent injuries, but a healthy Chisolm in the leadoff spot is intriguing.
UtahPirate2

Post by UtahPirate2 »

PooperScooper ! wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:49 pm Bae needs to step up and claim an OF spot , starting tonite ! He gets on fire, Pirates looking good.
+1

I am a fan of Bae as I think he brings a lot to our offense with his speed. So far his AAA numbers, which right now are extremely impressive, haven't translated to MLB success - gut you could have said the same for Gonzales at the start of the year.

I know that we have a lot of pitching assets, but I am one who would be hesitant to overpay for anything. There is a certain insanity that creeps in during the deadline that I would hate to get caught up in.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

UtahPirate2 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:46 pm
PooperScooper ! wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:49 pm Bae needs to step up and claim an OF spot , starting tonite ! He gets on fire, Pirates looking good.
+1

I am a fan of Bae as I think he brings a lot to our offense with his speed. So far his AAA numbers, which right now are extremely impressive, haven't translated to MLB success - gut you could have said the same for Gonzales at the start of the year.

I know that we have a lot of pitching assets, but I am one who would be hesitant to overpay for anything. There is a certain insanity that creeps in during the deadline that I would hate to get caught up in.
Bae's minor league stats are impressive but he seems to have trouble with an MLB fastball. But I'd rather see him get a chance than see Taylor and/or Suwinski every day. Time to find out if Bae is more than a AAAA player.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Chisholm is going to the Yankees. The Pirates continue to do nothing. It would be a disaster if they don’t get any offense at the trading deadline, and then fail to sign their #1 and #2 draft choices. I would hate to hear the fan base if that happens.
steve 49

Post by steve 49 »

They will sign their 2 top draft choices . No way those two turn down that kind of signing money to go to school.
Doc

Post by Doc »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:24 pm Chisholm is going to the Yankees. The Pirates continue to do nothing. It would be a disaster if they don’t get any offense at the trading deadline, and then fail to sign their #1 and #2 draft choices. I would hate to hear the fan base if that happens.
Begin to prepare yourself for the disaster of not getting any offense that you speak of.