7. Cole Tucker (S) 2B

8. Roberto Perez (R) C

9. Kevin Newman (R) SS

SP - Mitch Keller (R)

K. Hayes out with a sprained ankle.
fjk090852-7

GDT - 3/29 - Red Sox

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Reynolds with a hustling double. He pays the game the way it should, and it blows my mind they are taking him to arbitration. I cannot believe someone in the Front Office cannot convince Nutting to settle this matter. I am sure this does not help the opinion of the Pirates fan base. The amount in question is peanuts in baseball money.
Ecbucs

GDT - 3/29 - Red Sox

Post by Ecbucs »

676B6A3138313934332C36010 wrote: Reynolds with a hustling double. He pays the game the way it should, and it blows my mind they are taking him to arbitration. I cannot believe someone in the Front Office cannot convince Nutting to settle this matter. I am sure this does not help the opinion of the Pirates fan base. The amount in question is peanuts in baseball money.

Pirate arbitration mottos, is Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

Who knows what could happen if they settled? Other players may want more too!

They sure want to make it hard for fans to root for them.

On the other hand, maybe they have a survey that shows most fans think the players make too much and want them to hold down salaries.
skinnyhorse

GDT - 3/29 - Red Sox

Post by skinnyhorse »

7D71702B222B232E29362C1B0 wrote: Reynolds with a hustling double. He pays the game the way it should, and it blows my mind they are taking him to arbitration. I cannot believe someone in the Front Office cannot convince Nutting to settle this matter. I am sure this does not help the opinion of the Pirates fan base. The amount in question is peanuts in baseball money.
This is an american problem. We have been brainwashed by media saturation thinking some folks Hollywood, Professional Sports, politicians deserve more money than a plumber or a farmer who puts food on your table. Maybe if everyone had to live in the world that the rest of us live in they would be more appreciative and realize money doesn't grow on trees.
2drfischer@gmail.c

GDT - 3/29 - Red Sox

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

445C5E59594E5F58454452370 wrote: Reynolds with a hustling double. He pays the game the way it should, and it blows my mind they are taking him to arbitration. I cannot believe someone in the Front Office cannot convince Nutting to settle this matter. I am sure this does not help the opinion of the Pirates fan base. The amount in question is peanuts in baseball money.
This is an american problem.  We have been brainwashed by media saturation thinking some folks Hollywood, Professional Sports, politicians deserve more money than a plumber or a farmer who puts food on your table.  Maybe if everyone had to live in the world that the rest of us live in they would be more appreciative and realize money doesn't grow on trees.

May I suggest that you contact your local community college and enroll in a Basic Microeconomics course? Your eyes will be opened to how elementary your current thinking is.
Ecbucs

GDT - 3/29 - Red Sox

Post by Ecbucs »

495153545443525548495F3A0 wrote: Reynolds with a hustling double. He pays the game the way it should, and it blows my mind they are taking him to arbitration. I cannot believe someone in the Front Office cannot convince Nutting to settle this matter. I am sure this does not help the opinion of the Pirates fan base. The amount in question is peanuts in baseball money.
This is an american problem.  We have been brainwashed by media saturation thinking some folks Hollywood, Professional Sports, politicians deserve more money than a plumber or a farmer who puts food on your table.  Maybe if everyone had to live in the world that the rest of us live in they would be more appreciative and realize money doesn't grow on trees.

do you think the owners should just rake in the money?
Bobster21

GDT - 3/29 - Red Sox

Post by Bobster21 »

624445524454270 wrote: Reynolds with a hustling double. He pays the game the way it should, and it blows my mind they are taking him to arbitration. I cannot believe someone in the Front Office cannot convince Nutting to settle this matter. I am sure this does not help the opinion of the Pirates fan base. The amount in question is peanuts in baseball money.

The more the players have to be paid, the more the owners have to rake in. Before the free agency salary boon, the owners were making a nice profit without going to the lengths they now go to for revenue.
Ecbucs

GDT - 3/29 - Red Sox

Post by Ecbucs »

795459484F5E49090A3B0 wrote: Reynolds with a hustling double. He pays the game the way it should, and it blows my mind they are taking him to arbitration. I cannot believe someone in the Front Office cannot convince Nutting to settle this matter. I am sure this does not help the opinion of the Pirates fan base. The amount in question is peanuts in baseball money.

The more the players have to be paid, the more the owners have to rake in. Before the free agency salary boon, the owners were making a nice profit without going to the lengths they now go to for revenue.

my main point is that if player salaries go down the owners are not going to reduce prices or stop looking for other sources of revenue. The rise in revenue has led to rise in salaries. Unfortunately for us Pirate fans the Pirates don't have the revenue of most other teams.