Castillo and Madris

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

skinnyhorse

Castillo and Madris

Post by skinnyhorse »

These two should be with the club on opening day roster.  Castillo has with his power has definitely earned a spot.  He should be in the lineup and not on the bench to see if he can keep the Home Runs coming.  If so, we have found a real star.  If not then nothing lost.  Madris is by far the best 4th outfielder candidate we have.  Do not take Alford over him.  Give him a shot if he doesn't make it nothing really lost but so far what I've seen of Madris is impressive.
fjk090852-7

Castillo and Madris

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Both these players have been very impressive this ST. Unless they make a trade I don’t see either one making the team. As a guess I think the Bucs will carry a 4 man bench, or a total of 13 position players. I will say the bench will consist of a backup catcher, Chavis, Van Meter, and Park. If Castillo and Madris continue their hot hitting at Indy, they will replace someone on the team who is not performing well. I like Tucker, but if he starts of slow I would expect to see Castillo.
skinnyhorse

Castillo and Madris

Post by skinnyhorse »

2E2223787178707D7A657F480 wrote: Both these players have been very impressive this ST. Unless they make a trade I don’t see either one making the team. As a guess I think the Bucs will carry a 4 man bench, or a total of 13 position players. I will say the bench will consist of a backup catcher, Chavis, Van Meter, and Park. If Castillo and Madris continue their  hot hitting at Indy, they will replace someone on the team who is not performing well. I like Tucker, but if he starts of slow I would expect to see Castillo.
I beieve it, but I don't like it. You catch a guy (Castillo) you have to take advantage of it. It most likely won't last but while it does pick up a few wins with him. If he doesn't keep it up then we can send him down.
DemDog

Castillo and Madris

Post by DemDog »

Don't look now (4/4 game against O's) but Castillo is 2 for 2 with 2 RBI including ST HR #6. How does he not make the team at least for the month of April?
SammyKhalifa

Castillo and Madris

Post by SammyKhalifa »

7C5D557C575F380 wrote: Don't look now (4/4 game against O's) but Castillo is 2 for 2 with 2 RBI including ST HR #6.  How does he not make the team at least for the month of April?
https://www.mlb.com/pirates/news/diego- ... day-roster
Bobster21

Castillo and Madris

Post by Bobster21 »

30020E0E1A280B020F0A0502630 wrote: Don't look now (4/4 game against O's) but Castillo is 2 for 2 with 2 RBI including ST HR #6.  How does he not make the team at least for the month of April?
https://www.mlb.com/pirates/news/diego- ... day-roster
I like this! He's only had 54 ABs at AAA but earned a shot at the MLB roster. Under NH, the Pirates were very slow to advance their prospects. Nice to see a different approach from BC.
MaineBucs

Castillo and Madris

Post by MaineBucs »

Great to hear.

Based on his spring training stats alone, he deserves a shot to open the season with the Pirates. And, if he performs, he could be the regular second baseman before too long. Pirates could always move Tucker out to RF while both Alford and now Allen are nursing injuries. He also could open at 3rd if Hayes is still kinda gimpy.

In both the short and long term, Castillo may offer as much or more than Chavis, who has not had the best of springs.