The Reds series

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

The Reds series

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Reds are 3-22.

They've lost 21 of 22.

They are a couple of notches below "terrible," somewhere in the neighborhood of "historically bad."

But I can say with confidence the Reds will win at least 2 of 4 games this weekend, probably 3 of 4. Because #pirates.

The Reds have played 16 games vs. Dodgers, Padres, Brewers and Cards.

They are probably no worse than the Pirates.

Their starting pitching literally cannot be worse. And their starters will probably look great this weekend vs. VanMeter & Co. The Pirates offense will be a welcomed reprieve.
SammyKhalifa

The Reds series

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I see what you're saying.  And no matter how bad the Reds are going to win more than 3 games all year. 

But from my count we have played 13 games versus the teams you referenced.  I don't believe that the 3 game difference in those schedules gets us to the difference in record.

Their team ERA is almost 7 and as a group are hitting 203, three points higher than Jack Suwinski (or .030 better than Josh VanMeter if you prefer).  That's unsustainable levels of bad for them right now. 
Bobster21

The Reds series

Post by Bobster21 »

Rain in the forecast at Cincy today and tomorrow.
SammyKhalifa

The Reds series

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Well that figures, haha.
Surgnbuck

The Reds series

Post by Surgnbuck »

705D50414657400003320 wrote: Rain in the forecast at Cincy today and tomorrow.
Forecast looks much better for Saturday. They still have another DH scheduled in September yet I believe, so they are running out of room to reschedule anymore games.
Bobster21

The Reds series

Post by Bobster21 »

436562777E7265737B100 wrote: Rain in the forecast at Cincy today and tomorrow.
Forecast looks much better for Saturday. They still have another DH scheduled in September yet I believe, so they are running out of room to reschedule anymore games.
Yeah, the Saturday forecast looks a lot better since I checked this morning. Now it just looks like morning showers Saturday. Shouldn't be a problem.