Promotions, promotions for everyone! Except ...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I've been saying this for a few months now, but at this point it feels like the Pirates are just messing with Cruz's head.

Now they've promoted Smith-Njigba and Park.

The Pirates have now promoted basically everyone under the sun ... except their top prospect.

I would understand it maybe if he only played 3B and he was blocked by Hayes. Or if he only played 1B and was blocked by Willie Stargell.

But he plays a position where there is a GAPING VOID at the major league level. And he supplies power on a team with no power.

I don't blame him one bit if he is ticked off or bitter about it. It's human nature.

PLEASE PIRATES ... bring Cruz up, put him at SS, leave him alone for few months and let's see what he can do. GIVE HIM A CHANCE.

I predicted in March the Pirates would mishandle Cruz and I feared they would get in his head.

I now believe that is exactly what is happening. They are really screwing this up, IMO.

I really feel for Cruz at this point, as the rest of the Indians, and the Curve for that matter, all get called up to the show.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Swaggerty and Fletcher optioned. Bryse Wilson also recalled.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

If they don’t call Cruz up by this homestand this week against the Giants and Cubs then they might never do it. That’s the longest homestand they have in awhile and like Carolina said it’s getting absurd now that he has not getting called up and it makes no sense. Cruz is getting frustrated too you can tell as everytime you see him hit a homer he looks at his wrist like he is looking at the time and pretty much mocking the Pirates by doing this saying “Is it time yet.”
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

5E7C6F727174737C5F687E7E721D0 wrote: I've been saying this for a few months now, but at this point it feels like the Pirates are just messing with Cruz's head.

Now they've promoted Smith-Njigba and Park.

The Pirates have now promoted basically everyone under the sun ... except their top prospect.

I would understand it maybe if he only played 3B and he was blocked by Hayes. Or if he only played 1B and was blocked by Willie Stargell.

But he plays a position where there is a GAPING VOID at the major league level. And he supplies power on a team with no power.

I don't blame him one bit if he is ticked off or bitter about it. It's human nature.

PLEASE PIRATES ... bring Cruz up, put him at SS, leave him alone for few months and let's see what he can do. GIVE HIM A CHANCE.

I predicted in March the Pirates would mishandle Cruz and I feared they would get in his head.

I now believe that is exactly what is happening. They are really screwing this up, IMO.

I really feel for Cruz at this point, as the rest of the Indians, and the Curve for that matter, all get called up to the show.

Gotta agree with you Carolina. Even if they called him up tomorrow; I think the Pirates have totally messed with his head.

Cruz has been our #1 offensive prospect for some time now.

On a team totally devoid of power and the ability to score runs their top offensive prospect rots at AAA. At first I thought it was to gain another year of control but it is more than that. The kid wants to play SS where he has been most of his career. The Pirates NEED a SS. They have an abundance of OF prospects. Get Cruz up here NOW it’s already been too long!
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

Cruz is awful at SS . 14 errors in 39 games that pace puts him at 56 errors in a full MLB season. Yikes  :-X

They need to put him at 1st or a corner OF spot.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just a guess, but I think they will bring up Cruz for the upcoming home stand. I was a little surprised they brought up Park today instead of Cruz, but after the Cardinals series they may send Park back to Indy and recall Cruz.
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

Should of promoted Bae instead of Park.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

745F5E5B5B5E59644356435E5859370 wrote: Should of promoted Bae instead of Park.
Good point, but bringing up Bae would require someone to be moved off the 40 man roster. I think we may see Bae after the trade deadline when a couple players come off the 40 man roster.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Our shortstop made 3 errors this afternoon.

I'm just glad we're keeping Cruz down in the minors because we don't accept errors at the major league level.

And this team doesn't need Cruz's power, so it works out nicely.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Castillo is only 13th in the NL in innings played at SS but 4th in errors.

He's also hitting .197.