Tyler Anderson

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Tyler Anderson

Post by JollyRoger »

Pitched 8 1/3 innings of no hit ball against the Angels.

Otani broke up the No no in the 9th with a triple

Anderson is now 8-0 as a Dodger!
UtahPirate

Tyler Anderson

Post by UtahPirate »

We should have offered him 2 more years at the deadline instead of trading him. I wrote that at the time. He pitched well enough for us to have rewarded him.

Always these thoughts that we can trade a guy, get a couple of pieces, then sign him back in the offseason. Word is he's added a really nasty change-up to his arsenal that is making him even better.
GreenWeenie

Tyler Anderson

Post by GreenWeenie »

You and I agreed.

Actually, you turned me onto the guy.

I'll give benefit of the doubt and say that he wanted to go west coast.

At least- I hope that was the case.
WildwoodDave2

Tyler Anderson

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

62474444517A474F4D5A280 wrote: Pitched 8 1/3 innings of no hit ball against the Angels.

Being 8-0 with the Dodgers would be next to impossible with

the Pirates. let's give him the benefit of the the doubt and make him 4-4. He would be gone again on July 31
UtahPirate

Tyler Anderson

Post by UtahPirate »

5A6461697A626269496C7B683F0D0 wrote: Pitched 8 1/3 innings of no hit ball against the Angels.

Being 8-0 with the Dodgers would be next to impossible with

the Pirates. let's give him the benefit of the the doubt and make him 4-4. He would be gone again on July 31

With his 2.42 ERA, you get more this year than Binns.

And I guess more to my point, when do you quit tearing down and start building up? It can't be all rookies. Anderson is no Burnett, but consider how important a leftover (at the time) like Burnett was to us finally getting to the playoffs now almost 10 years ago. And Anderson pitched much better for us last year than I think most people realized.

Consider Quintana this year. He's pitched better than most thought he would and solidified a poor starting rotation. What have the other pitchers learned from him? Has he helped Brubaker, or maybe Keller, who seems to be finally catching on to something? Do we lick our chops for another Binns? Or, reward him and hope he's recaptured some of his earlier career magic and see if he helps us towards that mystical window. He's only 30.

When do you quit tearing down and start solidifying things?