3. Jack Suwinski (L) LF

4. Daniel Vogelbach (L) DH

5. Michael Chavis (R) 1B

6. Oneil Cruz (L) SS

7. Bligh Madris (L) RF

8. Michael Perez (L) C

9. Hoy Park (L) 2B

P Contreras

EXTREE, EXTREE, READ ALL ABOUT IT. SHELTON DOES NOT REST CRUZ OR MADRIS!!!

Furthermore, it's the same lineup as last night except for the catcher. (Shelton just couldn't help himself and benched Heineman after his double last night).

This lineup (not so much Vogelbach and Perez) with Conteras pitching gives Pirate fans a look ahead to upcoming seasons, hopefully productive. Let's hope tonight turns out positive.
bucs607179

Game thread 6/21/22. Cubs vs Pirates

Post by bucs607179 »

Surprised Cruz playing. We all know how hard it is for a 23 year old to work 3-4 hours a day. ;)
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Last night was only one game. However, I find myself watching

tonight"s game because I want to. Not because I have to. If

that makes sense. :D
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Let's Go Bucs!!!

We're on Cruz control!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

57696C64776F6F644461766532000 wrote: Last night was only one game. However, I find myself watching

tonight"s game because I want to. Not because I have to. If

that makes sense. :D
Same here. Very well put.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I wonder if the Pirates are hoping Vogelbach gets really hot right now. I honestly see no reason anymore for him to be in the lineup. I'd rather Cal Mitchell get those AB's.

Plus, how come there was no fury on the board with Vogie last night not running out what ended up being a hit? He also stood there and admired his double, which a fairly good CF would have caught anyhow.

I guess he knows his days are numbered barring any injuries.

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

517C71606776612122130 wrote:

Furthermore, it's the same lineup as last night except for the catcher. (Shelton just couldn't help himself and benched Heineman after his double last night). 

After ending the 0-25 streak, he probably got boozed, screwed, and tattooed last night after the game.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5B7D7A6F666A7D6B63080 wrote: I wonder if the Pirates are hoping Vogelbach gets really hot right now. I honestly see no reason anymore for him to be in the lineup. I'd rather Cal Mitchell get those AB's.

Plus, how come there was no fury on the board with Vogie last night not running out what ended up being a hit? He also stood there and admired his double, which a fairly good CF would have caught anyhow.

Vogelbach had a career BA of .210. Has he ever been very hot?
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

634542575E5245535B300 wrote:

After ending the 0-25 streak, he probably got boozed, screwed, and tattooed last night after the game.

:D :D :D
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

1C313C2D2A3B2C6C6F5E0 wrote: I wonder if the Pirates are hoping Vogelbach gets really hot right now. I honestly see no reason anymore for him to be in the lineup. I'd rather Cal Mitchell get those AB's.

Vogelbach had a career BA of .210. Has he ever been very hot?

With that mountain of flesh he carries around my guess is that he's always hot.