Contreras

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Contreras

Post by JollyRoger »

Maybe someone can explain this bizarre move to me.

Pirates option Contreras to Indy after his stellar start today.

They call up a dumpster dive reliever (Stout) obtained from the Cubs. They say Contreras will make 2 spot starts for Indy yet he is not injured. There is also mention of limiting his innings. If they were going to limit his innings why not do it at the ML level.

After all he is arguably our best starter.

Very confusing move.
Surgnbuck

Contreras

Post by Surgnbuck »

53767575604B767E7C6B190 wrote: Maybe someone can explain this bizarre move to me.

Pirates option Contreras to Indy after his stellar start today.

They call up a dumpster dive reliever (Stout) obtained from the Cubs. They say Contreras will make 2 spot starts for Indy yet he is not injured. There is also mention of limiting his innings. If they were going to limit his innings why not do it at the ML level.

After all he is arguably our best starter.

Very confusing move.

Right with you.
Bobster21

Contreras

Post by Bobster21 »

They want to limit his innings. And we all know how great they are at developing their pitching prospects. ::)
DemDog

Contreras

Post by DemDog »

On his pre-game show, Shelty mentioned that he was optioned to AAA for that reason, to limit his innings. He will not actually be in Indy but will remain with the team until after the All-Star break. Shelty said that Contreras has pitched more inning already this year than he has in any previous season. Roansy just needs some rest.

As for all the dumpster diving, BC has done, I think he has not done a very good job.
WildwoodDave2

Contreras

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

507179507B73140 wrote: On his pre-game show, Shelty mentioned that he was optioned to AAA for that reason, to limit his innings.  He will not actually be in Indy but will remain with the team until after the All-Star break.  Shelty said that Contreras has pitched more inning already this year than he has in any previous season.  Roansy just needs some rest.

As for all the dumpster diving, BC has done, I think he has not done a very good job. 
It certainly doesn't make much sense. Be careful of the term "dumpster diving," it sounds like a former member who is no longer with us. :D :D
DemDog

Contreras

Post by DemDog »

17292C24372F2F240421362572400 wrote: On his pre-game show, Shelty mentioned that he was optioned to AAA for that reason, to limit his innings.  He will not actually be in Indy but will remain with the team until after the All-Star break.  Shelty said that Contreras has pitched more inning already this year than he has in any previous season.  Roansy just needs some rest.

As for all the [dumpster diving garbage gleaning, BC has done, I think he has not done a very good job. 
It certainly doesn't make much sense.  Be careful of the term "dumpster diving," it sounds like a former member who is no longer with us.  :D :D

At least I don't use it in every post as he did.  I will have to increase my vocabulary to find a synonym for the term.   :D :D
DemDog

Contreras

Post by DemDog »

0D2C240D262E490 wrote: On his pre-game show, Shelty mentioned that he was optioned to AAA for that reason, to limit his innings.  He will not actually be in Indy but will remain with the team until after the All-Star break.  Shelty said that Contreras has pitched more inning already this year than he has in any previous season.  Roansy just needs some rest.

As for all the [dumpster diving  garbage gleaning, BC has done, I think he has not done a very good job. 
It certainly doesn't make much sense.  Be careful of the term "dumpster diving," it sounds like a former member who is no longer with us.  :D :D

At least I don't use it in every post as he did.  I will have to increase my vocabulary to find a synonym for the term.   :D :D

As shown above I have chosen garbage gleaning! ;D ;D ;D
WildwoodDave2

Contreras

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5A7B735A71791E0 wrote: On his pre-game show, Shelty mentioned that he was optioned to AAA for that reason, to limit his innings.  He will not actually be in Indy but will remain with the team until after the All-Star break.  Shelty said that Contreras has pitched more inning already this year than he has in any previous season.  Roansy just needs some rest.

As for all the [dumpster diving  garbage gleaning, BC has done, I think he has not done a very good job. 

As shown above I have chosen garbage gleaning!   ;D ;D ;D

:) ;)
Bobster21

Contreras

Post by Bobster21 »

Actually, we've been talking about dumpster diving for years. Long before any former members who are no longer with us. It's basically all the Pirates do in the offseason.
DemDog

Contreras

Post by DemDog »

210C01101706115152630 wrote: Actually, we've been talking about dumpster diving for years. Long before any former members who are no longer with us. It's basically all the Pirates do in the offseason.

I am going to out Admin you Bobster and kindly request that you use the term "garbage gleaning"! ;) ;) ;) ;)