No VanMeter! ? ? Got some Yoshi! ??
Surgnbuck

Game Thread - 7/16 - Bucs @ Rockies

Post by Surgnbuck »

Let's Go Bucs!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I guess we're supposed to be laughing along with "Brownie" and Walker every inning.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Yoshi has to go. Nothing but a slap hitter. At the time he was signed, he became the highest paid Pirate at 4 million. That amount was subsequently eclipsed by Roberto Perez, Hayes and Reynolds but he's still the 4th highest paid Pirate. 4 million isn't much on some teams but on a Nutting team it's a big deal. Also, Cherington traded for VanMeter, who is a complete waste and hired Shelton, who has been abysmal. So maybe Cherington's feels his credibility with his boss is on the line. I guess that's why Yoshi and VanMeter get so many chances to produce and why Shelton hasn't been fired. But at some point (soon, I hope), Cherington needs to admit those failures and cut his losses. Cherington has had some modest successes too, like Gamel, Quintana, Vogelbach, Bednar, Chavis. So I don't see why he can't move on from those who don't work out. The sooner the better.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Cruz channels his inner Pedro Alvarez with a throw nowhere near 1B. Rockies capitalize to score.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

This is my first criticism of Cruz this year, there will probably be more. That throw he made was a result of being lazy and showboating by flipping the ball without getting into position to make an accurate throw. He also has a tendency to winding up and trying to throw the ball 100MPH when it is not necessary. Chavis has already saved him a couple of errors already.

He needs to change those bad habits
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Keller pitching another strong game so far

The Pirates have been wasting strong starts by Keller, Brubaker, Thompson and even Wilson recently
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4C616C7D7A6B7C3C3F0E0 wrote: Cruz channels his inner Pedro Alvarez with a throw nowhere near 1B. Rockies capitalize to score.
Don't think many of us are convinced he is the SS of the future. I know I'm not
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1C393A3A2F0439313324560 wrote: Keller pitching another strong game so far

The Pirates have been wasting strong starts by Keller, Brubaker, Thompson and even Wilson recently
Keller has been very good his last three starts. Hope I don't Jinx him but he seems to have figured it out. Unfortunately, we can't score a damn run
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

What good is instant replay- Heineman was safe!!