3. Ke'Bryan Hayes (R) 3B

4. Ben Gamel (L) LF

5. Cal Mitchell (L) RF

6. Josh VanMeter (L) 1B

7. Oneil Cruz (L) SS

8. Yoshi Tsutsugo (L) DH

9. Tyler Heineman (S) C

Jose Quintanna (L) SP

What do you say? No deals before the game. Why doesn't Shelty put a blow-up doll at DH? It might be more successful getting on base that Yoshi.
Bobster21

Game Thread - July 23 - Bucs vs Marlins

Post by Bobster21 »

Interesting that Shelton's cleanup batter (hitting .173) one day is his #8 batter the next day. It's hard to comprehend the reasoning behind that because if Shelton realizes Yoshi's inability to hit should put him no higher than 8th, why would he bat him 4th just 1 day earlier? There is certainly a randomness to Shelton's decision making.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

1E333E2F28392E6E6D5C0 wrote: Interesting that Shelton's cleanup batter (hitting .173) one day is his #8 batter the next day. It's hard to comprehend the reasoning behind that because if Shelton realizes Yoshi's inability to hit should put him no higher than 8th, why would he bat him 4th just 1 day earlier? There is certainly a randomness to Shelton's decision making.

I think yesterday's line up was made with Vogy batting clean up. Rather than erase more than one spot, Shelton just replaced him with Yoshi.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5A7C7D6A7C6C1F0 wrote: Interesting that Shelton's cleanup batter (hitting .173) one day is his #8 batter the next day. It's hard to comprehend the reasoning behind that because if Shelton realizes Yoshi's inability to hit should put him no higher than 8th, why would he bat him 4th just 1 day earlier? There is certainly a randomness to Shelton's decision making.

I think yesterday's line up was made with Vogy batting clean up.  Rather than erase more than one spot, Shelton just replaced him with Yoshi.
If so, that's totally irresponsible. The lineup was withheld until almost gametime. So Shelton had a ton of time to prepare an alternative lineup.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

022F22333425327271400 wrote: Interesting that Shelton's cleanup batter (hitting .173) one day is his #8 batter the next day. It's hard to comprehend the reasoning behind that because if Shelton realizes Yoshi's inability to hit should put him no higher than 8th, why would he bat him 4th just 1 day earlier? There is certainly a randomness to Shelton's decision making.

I think yesterday's line up was made with Vogy batting clean up.  Rather than erase more than one spot, Shelton just replaced him with Yoshi.
If so, that's totally irresponsible. The lineup was withheld until almost gametime. So Shelton had a ton of time to prepare an alternative lineup.
I agree but I think that is what happened, of course it is pure speculation.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

6C414C5D5A4B5C1C1F2E0 wrote: Interesting that Shelton's cleanup batter (hitting .173) one day is his #8 batter the next day. It's hard to comprehend the reasoning behind that because if Shelton realizes Yoshi's inability to hit should put him no higher than 8th, why would he bat him 4th just 1 day earlier? There is certainly a randomness to Shelton's decision making.

I agree with Bobster’s original premise. I have little doubt Ecbucs theory is correct. And I absolutely concur with Bobster’s supplemental conclusion.

I was so pissed yesterday when I saw Yoshi hitting cleanup. Yoshi is probably a great guy, but he shouldn’t hit 4th, and he quite frankly, he shouldn’t be on the team.

I appreciate the fact roster management is complicated, but it is time to move on. Nothing Yoshi or Van Meter do in the next week is going to earn us a pot to pee in on the trade market.
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Trade deadline Monday, August 2 (off day). Seven games away, so Quintana has two starts at most before then.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Walk and Fort are doing yet another baseball tutorial and missed a play.

It's great to have a hitting expert like McKenry explain hitting to us. ::)
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Bucs waste a 2nd and 3rd, no outs, opportunity. Still scoreless.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Can't believe they couldn't get a run in the third.- ridiculous