3. Ke'Bryan Hayes (R) 3B

4. Ben Gamel (L) LF

5. Bligh Madris (L) RF

6. Oneil Cruz (L) SS

7. Cal Mitchell (L) DH

8. Josh VanMeter (L) 1B

9. Tyler Heineman (S) C

JT Brubaker (R) SP

I sure as heck hope that the Nincompoop Shelton is only showcasing VanMeter one last time.
Surgnbuck

Game Thread - July 31 - Bucs vs Phillies

Post by Surgnbuck »

So Castillo sent down with Reynolds return. I really don't care how bad he's been hitting, he's a better player to have than Yoshi.  A RHP is going again today, and Yoshi is on the bench.

I'm just dreading that news will have come and gone on trade deadline day that VanMeter and Yoshi are still on the team, while guys like Marcano and Park sit in AAA
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

I was really hoping that they would start Castillo at SS today with Newman at 2nd to drive the point home to Cruz regarding his putrid performance yesterday.

But, that clearly was expecting too much accountability. Start him today like nothing happened yesterday.

Lastly, it now appears that my preseason prediction of 58 wins may have been on the high side.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

557971767D5A6D7B6B180 wrote: I was really hoping that they would start Castillo at SS today with Newman at 2nd to drive the point home to Cruz regarding his putrid performance yesterday.

But, that clearly was expecting too much accountability.  Start him today like nothing happened yesterday.

Lastly, it now appears that my preseason prediction of 58 wins may have been on the high side.

Totally agree. Cruz should not play today.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

705651444D41564048230 wrote: So Castillo sent down with Reynolds return. I really don't care how bad he's been hitting, he's a better player to have than Yoshi.  A RHP is going again today, and Yoshi is on the bench.

I'm just dreading that news will have come and gone on trade deadline day that VanMeter and Yoshi are still on the team, while guys like Marcano and Park sit in AAA
Get used to it Surg, no one wants them. Lets see if Cherington has th b@Il$ top just DFA them
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5A777A6B6C7D6A2A29180 wrote: I was really hoping that they would start Castillo at SS today with Newman at 2nd to drive the point home to Cruz regarding his putrid performance yesterday.

But, that clearly was expecting too much accountability.  Start him today like nothing happened yesterday.

Totally agree. Cruz should not play today.
I'll third that
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

The only way we can get rid of Yoshi is if someone needs an

Interpreter
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

So Hayes is out. Geez, maybe it would have been a good idea to have hung onto Castillo.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Great start guys
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

I can’t understand why Castillo was sent down. Hayes is out of the lineup today because of knee discomfort and instead of having Castillo to play third you have VanMeter making his first start at 3B. Unacceptable!

I also second the thought of sitting Cruz for his mental blunder yesterday