Tyler Anderson!!!

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Tyler Anderson!!!

Post by JollyRoger »

The Glasnow trade may not be the worst trade in Pirate History.

Tyler Anderson is now 13-1 with a 2.7 ERA and is a front runner for a Cy Young award.

Just think:

Glasnow

Morton

Taillon

Musgrove

Anderson

Wow
Bobster21

Tyler Anderson!!!

Post by Bobster21 »

795C5F5F4A615C545641330 wrote: The Glasnow trade may not be the worst trade in Pirate History.

Tyler Anderson is now 13-1 with a 2.7 ERA and is a front runner for a Cy Young award.

Just think:

Glasnow

Morton

Taillon

Musgrove

Anderson

Wow

But wouldn't you rather have Carter Bins (.198 at Indy) and Joaquin Tejada (18 years old in the Florida Complex League)?
UtahPirate

Tyler Anderson!!!

Post by UtahPirate »

5E737E6F68796E2E2D1C0 wrote: The Glasnow trade may not be the worst trade in Pirate History.

Just think:

Glasnow

Morton

Taillon

Musgrove

Anderson

Wow

But wouldn't you rather have Carter Bins (.198 at Indy) and Joaquin Tejada (18 years old in the Florida Complex League)?

Please recall my posts from last year where I was begging the Bucs to extend Anderson a couple more years before the deadline. The "we'll sign him after the season" never works.
MaineBucs

Tyler Anderson!!!

Post by MaineBucs »

Geez, I guess that the Mariners, who the Pirates traded Anderson to, and who are fighting for a play-off spot, are at least equally stupid in not retaining him when his free agent contract with the Dodgers is all of $8 mil and only for 1 year.

And, the Dodgers were so confident in his abilities that they only signed him for 1 year, meaning that he will again be a free agent at the end of the season.

Anderson pitched well for the Pirates during his short stay here (and many on this Board advocating signing him to a longer term contract vs trading him), but for all we know he may have had no interest in re-upping with them.

I get your point that Anderson is now pitching really well for one of the best teams in baseball, but the Bucs (unlike the ill-fated Glasnow, Meadows, Baez deal) did not trade him to the Dodgers.
JollyRoger

Tyler Anderson!!!

Post by JollyRoger »

1B373F383314233525560 wrote: Geez, I guess that the Mariners, who the Pirates traded Anderson to, and who are fighting for a play-off spot, are at least equally stupid in not retaining him when his free agent contract with the Dodgers is all of $8 mil and only for 1 year.

And, the Dodgers were so confident in his abilities that they only signed him for 1 year, meaning that he will again be a free agent at the end of the season.

Anderson pitched well for the Pirates during his short stay here (and many on this Board advocating signing him to a longer term contract vs trading him), but for all we know he may have had no interest in re-upping with them.

I get your point that Anderson is now pitching really well for one of the best teams in baseball, but the Bucs (unlike the ill-fated Glasnow, Meadows, Baez deal) did not trade him to the Dodgers.

True we did not trade Anderson to the Dodgers.

I should have stated that the Glasnow trade may not have been the worst front office decision; as the Anderson decision is turning into another horrible blunder by the front office
maher.timothy20@gm

Tyler Anderson!!!

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

It had occurred to me that we could have a bizarro-world lineup:

Musgrove

Taillon

Glasnow

Baz

Anderson

Tyler Anderson

Starling Marte (signed an extension)

Bryan Reynolds

Meadows

(maybe Cutch as a reasonably-priced free agent)

Hayes, Cruz, Newman, J. Bell around the infield.

Catcher??? Reese McGuire/Jacob Stallings

Would be a much better team but the Musgrove, Bell, and Taillon would all be free agents at the end of the year, but then maybe in bizarro world the Pirates extend their players.

On the flip side: no Contreras, no Henry Davis, no Suwinski, etc.
maher.timothy20@gm

Tyler Anderson!!!

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

6D484B4B5E7548404255270 wrote: Geez, I guess that the Mariners, who the Pirates traded Anderson to, and who are fighting for a play-off spot, are at least equally stupid in not retaining him when his free agent contract with the Dodgers is all of $8 mil and only for 1 year.

True we did not trade Anderson to the Dodgers.

I should have stated that the Glasnow trade may not have been the worst front office decision; as the Anderson decision is turning into another horrible blunder by the front office

The Josh Bell trade isn't looking so stellar these days.