3. Hunter Renfroe (R) RF

4. Kolten Wong (L) 2B

5. Keston Hiura (R) 1B

6. Andrew McCutchen (R) LF

7. Jace Peterson (L) 3B

8. Victor Caratini (S) C

9. Garrett Mitchell (L) CF

Jason Alexander (R) SP

Did Shelty get a microchip implanted in his brain that increases his brain power to the size of a worker bee?
2drfischer@gmail.c

Game Thread - 8/30 - Bucs @ Brewers

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I’m wondering if the plan is to bat Cruz first the rest of the season in order to get additional at bats.  Leyland did that with Bonds when he first arrived.  Cruz certainly isn’t a lead-off hitter but it would afford him many more opportunities than if he was hitting fifth or lower.  The emphasis for the next five to six weeks should be to get the young guys more opportunities in order for them to be better prepared for 2023.

With the way Hayes hits the ball to right field, I’d rather see him hitting right behind Cruz if Oneil reaches first base.  But if I had my druthers, I’d rather have Marcano in the first or second spot.

Reynolds is the team’s best hitter.  He needs to bat third all the time.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0B5D4B5F504A5A515C4B795E54585055175A390 wrote: I’m wondering if the plan is to bat Cruz first the rest of the season in order to get additional at bats.  Leyland did that with Bonds when he first arrived.  Cruz certainly isn’t a lead-off hitter but it would afford him many more opportunities than if he was hitting fifth or lower.  The emphasis for the next five to six weeks should be to get the young guys more opportunities in order for them to be better prepared for 2023.

With the way Hayes hits the ball to right field, I’d rather see him hitting right behind Cruz if Oneil reaches first base.  But if I had my druthers, I’d rather have Marcano in the first or second spot.

Agree with all
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Cruz strikes out on 6 pitches- never got the bat off his shoulder
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

"Brew Crew" in their low class uniforms tonight.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Keller 3 strikeouts - no dead arm tonight- Fastball 97MPH
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

476A67767160773734050 wrote: "Brew Crew" in their low class uniforms tonight.
I think they borrowed them from the local softball league
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

366076626D77676C6176446369656D682A67040 wrote: I’m wondering if the plan is to bat Cruz first the rest of the season in order to get additional at bats.  Leyland did that with Bonds when he first arrived.  Cruz certainly isn’t a lead-off hitter but it would afford him many more opportunities than if he was hitting fifth or lower.  The emphasis for the next five to six weeks should be to get the young guys more opportunities in order for them to be better prepared for 2023.

I think Cruz at leadoff is a good idea, at least against right handers. We'll see what happens, I wouldn't bet it was the Pirates plan.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

163B36272031266665540 wrote: "Brew Crew" in their low class uniforms tonight.

I can see the Bucs' "City Connect" uniforms. They will be made of old newsprint paper and feature his picture as the savior of baseball in Pgh. They will disintegrate at the first sign of a winning streak.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Frickin’ Kolten Wong.