3. Rodolfo Castro (S) 3B

4. Ben Gamel (L) LF

5. Cal Mitchell (L) RF

6. Kevin Newman (R) 2B

7. Jack Suwinski (L) CF

8. Zack Collins Joe Doe(L) 1B

9. Jason Delay (R) C

Mitch Keller (R) SP

Dumb & Dumber Shelty, putting an "outomatic" in the 8 spot in the lineup.
DemDog

Game Day Thread - 9/22 - Bucs vs Cubs

Post by DemDog »

Rain delay until around 7 pm
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

06272F062D25420 wrote: Rain delay until around 7 pm
Thank you Possum. Unfortunately, not to many people care :D :D
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

55747C557E76110 wrote: Cubs

1. Zach McKinstry (L) 2B

2. Ian Happ (S) LF

3. Franmil Reyes (R) DH

4. Yan Gomes (R) C

5. David Bote (R) 3B

6. Alfonso Rivas (L) 1B

7. Nelson Velazquez (R) RF

8. Michael Hermosillo (R) CF

9. Christopher Morel (R) SS

Hayden Wesneski (R) SP

Bucs

1. Oneil Cruz (L) SS

2. Bryan Reynolds (S) DH

3. Rodolfo Castro (S) 3B

4. Ben Gamel (L) LF

5. Cal Mitchell (L) RF

6. Kevin Newman (R) 2B

7. Jack Suwinski (L) CF

8. Zack Collins Joe Doe(L) 1B

9. Jason Delay (R) C

Mitch Keller (R) SP

Dumb & Dumber Shelty, putting an "outomatic" in the 8 spot in the lineup. 
I must say that I got a chuckle out of Joe Doe.

I have another one for you. Joe Dildo
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Final Cubs 3

Bucs 2

Bucs now 55- 95
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Neil had a really bad night jinxing Pirates last night. Every single time he started praising them for something, they'd strike out, or not come through.

Two games left for me, Sat and Sun. I hope I can break the Neil jinx.

Maybe this year I'll win something on fan appreciation day.

Why in the heck was Collins playing? He should be nothing more than an emergency catcher.

Good to see Reynolds finally heating up, wish we'd get more than one guy at a time going hot.

Shut Bednar down. He showed the same ineffectiveness, the same lack of command, the same drop in velocity he was showing just before going on the IL. I'm thinking he was a one half wonder now.

Keller has really become a bulldog. But it's sad to think he's our number 1 or 2 right now.

Go Guardians.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I've watched Oneil Cruz several times but last night was the first time I was at the ballpark to see him play in person, and it confirmed what I've been thinking about him as a player.

His demeanor on the field was aloof. He didn't seem to appreciate where he was, which is at the top of his profession, to the point that he looked disinterested. I did not see passion from a player who's in his first months in the big leagues, instead I saw someone who's effort was spent trying to look cool (which reminded me of Cole Tucker). There were several times after an inning ended when he walked to the dugout.

I believe that with all of the talent he possesses, and it's considerable, he'll not reach his full potential if this is how he carries himself all the time because his focus is misdirected. Of course, I don't know how self-motivated he is but, if he's not, someone needs to offer him help, and he has to be receptive to it, or he's going to miss out on what could be a sensational career.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0355435758425259544371565C50585D1F52310 wrote: I've watched Oneil Cruz several times but last night was the first time I was at the ballpark to see him play in person, and it confirmed what I've been thinking about him as a player. 

His demeanor on the field was aloof.  He didn't seem to appreciate where he was, which is at the top of his profession, to the point that he looked disinterested.  I did not see passion from a player who's in his first months in the big leagues, instead I saw someone who's effort was spent trying to look cool (which reminded me of Cole Tucker).  There were several times after an inning ended when he walked to the dugout.

I believe that with all of the talent he possesses, and it's considerable, he'll not reach his full potential if this is how he carries himself all the time because his focus is misdirected.  Of course, I don't know how self-motivated he is but, if he's not, someone needs to offer him help, and he has to be receptive to it, or he's going to miss out on what could be a sensational career.
Then they should move him to another position- some people have said that they are worried about his reaction. If this is the

way he is, then so what!!
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

3E687E6A657F6F64697E4C6B616D6560226F0C0 wrote: I've watched Oneil Cruz several times but last night was the first time I was at the ballpark to see him play in person, and it confirmed what I've been thinking about him as a player. 

His demeanor on the field was aloof.  He didn't seem to appreciate where he was, which is at the top of his profession, to the point that he looked disinterested.  I did not see passion from a player who's in his first months in the big leagues, instead I saw someone who's effort was spent trying to look cool (which reminded me of Cole Tucker).  There were several times after an inning ended when he walked to the dugout.

I believe that with all of the talent he possesses, and it's considerable, he'll not reach his full potential if this is how he carries himself all the time because his focus is misdirected.  Of course, I don't know how self-motivated he is but, if he's not, someone needs to offer him help, and he has to be receptive to it, or he's going to miss out on what could be a sensational career.
I am glad you were there to witness it for yourself. I had gotten the same perspective from watching him on TV
steve49

Post by steve49 »

7F595E4B424E594F472C0 wrote: Neil had a really bad night jinxing Pirates last night. Every single time he started praising them for something, they'd strike out, or not come through.

Two games left for me, Sat and Sun. I hope I can break the Neil jinx.

Maybe this year I'll win something on fan appreciation day.

Why in the heck was Collins playing? He should be nothing more than an emergency catcher.

Good to see Reynolds finally heating up, wish we'd get more than one guy at a time going hot. 

Shut Bednar down. He showed the same ineffectiveness, the same lack of command, the same drop in velocity he was showing just before going on the IL. I'm thinking he was a one half wonder now.

Keller has really become a bulldog. But it's sad to think he's our number 1 or 2 right now.

Go Guardians.

Bednar's velocity was the worst I've seen it. Pretty much was topping out at 94.