WildwoodDave2

Connor Joe

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Bucs acquire IB/OF Connor Joe from Colorado for

Minor League Pitcher Nick Garcia
WildwoodDave2

Connor Joe

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4E70757D6E76767D5D786F7C2B190 wrote: Bucs acquire IB/OF Connor Joe from Colorado for

Can someone tell me anything about him
maher.timothy20@gm

Connor Joe

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

We've now cornered the market on medium-okay first basemen.

The rest of the league is jealous.
maher.timothy20@gm

Connor Joe

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

06383D35263E3E351530273463510 wrote: Bucs acquire IB/OF Connor Joe from Colorado for

From what I can tell of the stats line he's a Ben Gamel clone.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Connor Joe

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

He was drafted by the Pirates about eight years ago or so, I think at the end of the first round or in the second round. He’s been playing with the Rockies for the past couple of years. He’s nothing special but could end up being a contributing role player.
fjk090852-7

Connor Joe

Post by fjk090852-7 »

With this evenings trade for Conor Joe it would appear the 13 position players for the Opening Day roster are about set. If Reynolds is still on the team come Opening Day here is a projection of the roster.

Hedges

Heineman

Santana

Choi

Castro

Cruz

Hayes

Reynolds

Suwinski

Bae

Joe

Andujar

Castillo or Marcano
Ecbucs

Connor Joe

Post by Ecbucs »

7C42474F5C44444F6F4A5D4E192B0 wrote: Bucs acquire IB/OF Connor Joe from Colorado for

he should help the team win one extra game in 2023. Ben C. is making a lot of little moves that could get the team close to 70 wins next year (and I'm sure he isn't done yet).
Bobster21

Connor Joe

Post by Bobster21 »

6E50555D4E56565D7D584F5C0B390 wrote: Bucs acquire IB/OF Connor Joe from Colorado for

Bucs took him in the supplemental 1st round in 2014 (after selecting Cole Tucker in the initial 1st round). I saw him play in Bradenton when he had a good year in 2016 and he got to Altoona the following year before being traded to Atl for Sean Rodriguez. Plays LF, RF or 1B. RH batter. Draws a lot of walks which ups his OBP. Has shown power at times both in minors and MLB but is inconsistent. For example, with Rockies in 2021 he hit 8 HRs in just 179 ABs but last season hit only 7 in 404 ABs. He's a 4th OFer type who will fit in with Shelton's revolving door OF.
CarolinaBucco

Connor Joe

Post by CarolinaBucco »

The Pirates are doing the "deck chairs on the Titanic" thing again.

This team has no chance to be competitive unless the starting rotation is addressed -- which it won't be.

We need better starters and we need more starters. We need 1 or 2 proven starters who are actual legitimate major leaguers.

As is the case ever year, we have a collection of pitchers all of whom could potentially be the No. 5 starter on a good team. I'm really hoping Contreras can break through to become something a bit better than that, but I'm not holding my breath.

Right now our starting pitching is simply not competitive.
UtahPirate

Connor Joe

Post by UtahPirate »

I remember when we selected Joe. There were a lot of dissatisfied fans on this board over that selection as he was taken pretty early. And a little teasing about the prospect with two first names.

It will be interesting to see what happens now with our other RH Rockie OFer Vilade. Two more guys to come off the 40-man and I don't see him making the roster.

Another RH OFer to join all the LH youngsters. I kinda liked Joe then and this is no earth-shattering move, but BC has really overturned the roster this off-season. And while there are some suspects, as a whole roster, it sure looks better than where we ended the season. Not sure how many more wins in might represent, but it finally looks like the prospect gathering part of BC's strategy has come to an end.