Trevor Bauer

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Osushawn

Trevor Bauer

Post by Osushawn »

How would you feel if Cherington signed him to a 1 yr deal for the minimum?
2drfischer@gmail.c

Trevor Bauer

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

For me, his being here would be a distraction more so than what he’d bring to the club in terms of winning games. I’d love to have a guy with his ability but, in the end, for me he’s not worth it.
Surgnbuck

Trevor Bauer

Post by Surgnbuck »

Sign me up. Maybe even a two year contract he'd go for it. This isn't a DeShaun Watson situation, heck, it isn't even a Ben Roethlisberger situation, and look how all the moral judgement was swept away there with Big Ben, though there are still his detractors.

If the Steelers can have Big Ben, Michael Vick, heck even Najeh "Dookie" "Dump Truck" Davenport on the roster getting cheered, no reason the Pirates can't have Bauer, who was found to have done nothing wrong other than doing stuff many people find uncomfortable ( and some probably envious of it).
2drfischer@gmail.c

Trevor Bauer

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

55737461686473656D060 wrote: Sign me up. Maybe even a two year contract he'd go for it. This isn't a DeShaun Watson situation, heck, it isn't even a Ben Roethlisberger situation, and look how all the moral judgement was swept away there with Big Ben, though there are still his detractors.

If the Steelers can have Big Ben, Michael Vick, heck even Najeh "Dookie" "Dump Truck" Davenport on the roster getting cheered, no reason the Pirates can't have Bauer, who was found to have done nothing wrong other than doing stuff many people find uncomfortable ( and some probably envious of it).

The arbitrator agreed with MLB that Bauer violated the league’s domestic violence policy, so he’s not entirely innocent. There was also a second woman who accused him of similar actions. That’s not to be ignored.

To some degree, being selfish is how many players get to the big leagues, but some, like Bauer, take it a bit far. That’s why I’d prefer he not be around mostly young players.

While I think the team will be improved next year, I doubt they’ll be sincerely competitive , even with Bauer. I’d rather spread his starts among the young guys.
JollyRoger

Trevor Bauer

Post by JollyRoger »

4C6A6D78717D6A7C741F0 wrote: Sign me up. Maybe even a two year contract he'd go for it. This isn't a DeShaun Watson situation, heck, it isn't even a Ben Roethlisberger situation, and look how all the moral judgement was swept away there with Big Ben, though there are still his detractors.

I’m in agreement with you. Bauer was not convicted of a crime, also there was debate that what he did (although kinky, was consensual). Let the Pirates sign him for the ML minimum while the Dodgers pay his salary(Thank you Dodgers). No way Pirates an accord him long term. If he pitches well, you flip him at the deadline for 1 maybe 2 good prospects. Win win
GreenWeenie

Trevor Bauer

Post by GreenWeenie »

We lost 100 games two years in a row.  A reason for that is because we missed opportunities to improve.

He's not worth it?  Get him.
MaineBucs

Trevor Bauer

Post by MaineBucs »

Trevor Bauer was suspended, he was not banned from baseball. He has served his suspension and to the best of my knowledge was not accused of similar problems during his suspension.

While I doubt that he has outgrown his need/desire to control others, perhaps counseling he has received has helped. Folks who have committed crimes and done serious time in the hell we call prision have returned to society and lead honorable and productive lives.

I am in the camp of signing Bauer. Jeez, our former President maintained a relationship with another woman while his wife was pregnant, paid money to an adult film star to keep her lips sealed, is currently facing rape charges for past actions, openly talks about how his daughter is the type of woman he would have dated, and bragged about being able to grab women, and the last time I checked, 72 million people (including many avowed Christians) voted for him for President.
Bobster21

Trevor Bauer

Post by Bobster21 »

735F57505B7C4B5D4D3E0 wrote: Trevor Bauer was suspended, he was not banned from baseball.  He has served his suspension and to the best of my knowledge was not accused of similar problems during his suspension.

While I doubt that he has outgrown his need/desire to control others, perhaps counseling he has received has helped.  Folks who have committed crimes and done serious time in the hell we call prision have returned to society and lead honorable and productive lives.

I am in the camp of signing Bauer.  Jeez, our former President maintained a relationship with another woman while his wife was pregnant, paid money to an adult film star to keep her lips sealed, is currently facing rape charges for past actions, openly talks about how his daughter is the type of woman he would have dated, and bragged about being able to grab women, and the last time I checked, 72 million people (including many avowed Christians) voted for him for President.
No politics, please.
GreenWeenie

Trevor Bauer

Post by GreenWeenie »

Anyone know the rules?

Are "interested" teams permitted to dangle bait- offer him above and beyond the money he's already entitled to by the Dodgers?

I ask this out of wondering how Bauer would decide tge team to go to if > one team wants him, aside from opportunity to win a World Series.