Wall to wall baseball today!

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Yankees-Bucs, 8 WBC games, MLB network games.

Heaven.

Team USA on tonight at 9.

Good to see Hayes back in the lineup today. Suwinski in CF, have to think him and Swaggerty fighting for a spot.

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Young in the booth today with Brown. Jeff Karstens was a guest in the booth. Both had some really interesting observations about the pitch clock, and I keep learning something new every day it seems about it.

First, both said they wouldn't have minded the clock when they played, Karstens worked quick and Young was always ready. But Karstens feels 15 seconds is too quick because of sign relays and such, and thinks 18-20 seconds would be better, and still speed up the game. Young brought up about unusual situations that always come up during the season, in this case bug hatches where they're all over the place.

I knew that a batter had one time out that had to be called before it hit 8 seconds. What I learned today is, if a runner on base calls time out, it's charged to the batter.

I like the clock, but I don't. The game feels just a bit rushed, so Karstens is on to something. All in all, having watched a lot of games, there hasn't been too much controversy actually, most of these guys have been playing with the clock for a while. It's a shame they couldn't have just made the umpires do their jobs in the first place, they always had the power to force guys to get in the box and such, but never did.

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Oviedo looking sharp today.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Ricky DeVito the PTBNL in the Mark Mathias trade. DeVito came over as part of the Richard Rodriguez trade.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Kevin Young much improved at the mic, can hear him better. I also love how he swats away Brown's over zealous fawning.

Hayes crushes one. Looks like the thumb feeling better.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Reynolds goes deep with the back to back HR!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Pirates pitching stellar so far today. Best part of the game, it's the first one this spring I've seen the Bucs blister the ball even if the result is an out. Only 4 K's, all of them split between Suwinski and Owings.

Definitely the best game the Bucs have played IMHO with most of their main guys starting.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Surge, I love baseball but I just can’t warm up to the World Baseball Classic. If it’s not a major or minor league baseball game, I don’t find it interesting. It seems contrived, not the real deal. I admit I’ve never given it a chance but there’s nothing compelling about it for me to want to pay any attention to it.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

1E485E4A455F4F44495E6C4B414D4540024F2C0 wrote: Surge, I love baseball but I just can’t warm up to the World Baseball Classic.  If it’s not a major or minor league baseball game, I don’t find it interesting.  It seems contrived, not the real deal.  I admit I’ve never given it a chance but there’s nothing compelling about it for me to want to pay any attention to it.

I agree Doc. If it isn't the Bucs then I am also not interested in following the game daily. I will see what happens each day in the papers.

Great news about our buddy.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

72535B725951360 wrote: Surge, I love baseball but I just can’t warm up to the World Baseball Classic.  If it’s not a major or minor league baseball game, I don’t find it interesting.  It seems contrived, not the real deal.  I admit I’ve never given it a chance but there’s nothing compelling about it for me to want to pay any attention to it.

I agree Doc.  If it isn't the Bucs then I am also not interested in following the game daily.  I will see what happens each day in the papers. 

Great news about our buddy.

Good news indeed. I hope to talk with him tomorrow.