Edwin Diaz hurt during WBC celebration

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/358 ... dvance-wbc

The cynical side of me says, well, at least he didn't get hurt taking a swing or running the bases. Yah, DH! ;)
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I am really not a big fan of the WBC, and now we see that a star player of the Mets may miss playing time due to this injury. If this was Bednar, or Contreras the posters on Only Bucs would be going crazy. Also another negative with the WBC is that some games are played late at night so young fans don’t get to see some of the better players in the tournament. I know that some really enjoy this tournament, but personally I have not been interested in it.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

I loved the on-field enthusiasm the players exhibited in the game between Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. I also liked that Puerto Rico won. Mexico beating the USA also was choice.

Diaz's injury is really unfortunate. The only one who is going to benefit is the insurance industry that will now charge higher premiums for players who participate in events like the WBC.

Also, good to see Underwood and Bednar perform well last night.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Freak accident, nothing more. I love the WBC.

I find the WBC way more compelling than watching ST games. I think the players get prepared for the season better because the competition is better. You're not facing the "B" squad away game team like you see in ST games, the stars for the most part only play in the home games.

Love that Bednar has done well, and the Contreras was stellar in his only appearance.

Sorry Diaz got hurt. It isn't the WBC, it's an accident. Players have been injured during the season by doing things like flying leaps onto home plate, punching walls, etc.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

I was more posting to throw an underhanded jab at the NL DH. I hate the DH. I can't watch baseball since they've implemented it. Don't know why...I want to. I miss it. But I hate the new rules changes. At least the WBC isn't using the ginormous bases. The new bases look ridiculous, IMHO.