general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Opening Day!!

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

My favorite Sports Day

Hope springs eternal

How many of you skipped school to attend Opening Day?- either

Opening Day or the Pirates Opening Day. I'm sure Surg's son has.

I skipped school twice
Javy

Opening Day!!

Post by Javy »

16282D25362E2E250520372473410 wrote: My favorite Sports Day

Hope springs eternal

I skipped school twice
C'mon Coach, do you think I would ever admit to a teacher that I skipped school? You and Doc would crucify me!!
Ecbucs

Opening Day!!

Post by Ecbucs »

7846434B5840404B6B4E594A1D2F0 wrote: My favorite Sports Day

Hope springs eternal

I skipped school twice

I never skipped to go to opening day.

However, I told my boss that I had a fever on Opening Day against the Mets (don't remember the year but Gooden started for Mets).
WildwoodDave2

Opening Day!!

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4C67707F060 wrote: My favorite Sports Day

Hope springs eternal

I skipped school twice
C'mon Coach, do you think I would ever admit to a teacher that I skipped school? You and Doc would crucify me!!
Nope- your Mom wrote you a note! :D ;D
GreenWeenie

Opening Day!!

Post by GreenWeenie »

7E4B5C5C576E5C5C57505C390 wrote: :)

Big allowed me to skip school one (meaning, I wasn't sick) time. That was the 71 WS game that Bob Robertson hit the "missed signal" HR.

No way would he ever have allowed me to go to Opening Day.  Not like I didn't ask.  Probably saved it for himself.

JollyRoger

Opening Day!!

Post by JollyRoger »

Never could skip school for opening day. Though I did claim to be sick during the 1971 World Series. As an adult, I take the day off from work

Looking at the Bucs lineup, I am not a fan of having Cruz lead off. I would rather see him in the middle of the line up especially when Bae is starting. Bae should be our lead off hitter hands down
GreenWeenie

Opening Day!!

Post by GreenWeenie »

If I wuz your boss, you wouldn't need to take it. I'd give it to you.
Surgnbuck

Opening Day!!

Post by Surgnbuck »

I never skipped out. My son has a few times, Mister Man has been to every Pirates opener since he's been alive, except for 2018 when we went to Daytona Beach.

No need to skip this year, they're out on break.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Opening Day!!

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I was too afraid to skip school for Opening Day. I wasn't smart enough to miss any class, even PE.

A few years ago, some students blew off school and went to the opener. The next morning, there was a picture of them on the front page of the Post-Gazette, having a great time at the game. The principal called each of them to the office just to confirm the excuses their moms wrote for them the day before claiming they were sick were legitimate. After they said they were, he showed them the newspaper.
WildwoodDave2

Opening Day!!

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

055345515E44545F524577505A565E5B1954370 wrote: I was too afraid to skip school for Opening Day.  I wasn't smart enough to miss any class, even PE.

A few years ago, some students blew off school and went to the opener.  The next morning, there was a picture of them on the front page of the Post-Gazette, having a great time at the game.  The principal called each of them to the office just to confirm the excuses their moms wrote for them the day before claiming they were sick were legitimate.  After they said they were, he showed them the newspaper.
Love that story doc. The Principal probably made it to a few Opening Days himself :D