6. Tucupita Marcano (L) SS

7. Josh Palacios (L) RF

8. Rodolfo Castro (S) 3B

9. Jason Delay (R) C

P Ortiz

JollyRoger

Game thread - 6/18 - Bucs @ Brewers

Post by JollyRoger »

Saw that the Pirates placed Hernandez on the 15 day IR for a calf strain. Good grief. Back in the day, no pitcher hit the DL for 15 days with a calf stain. The trainer would massage it out and they would be ready to go. Players today are too babied. I get that the investment in these players is huge and teams are cautious.

But we need Hernandez active on the ML roster not some minor league reclamation project that they recalled
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Reynolds HR after Bae walk, 2-0.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

7A5F5C5C49625F575542300 wrote: Saw that the Pirates placed Hernandez on the 15 day IR for a calf strain. Good grief. Back in the day, no pitcher hit the DL for 15 days with a calf stain. The trainer would massage it out and they would be ready to go. Players today are too babied. I get that the investment in these players is huge and teams are cautious.

But we need Hernandez active on the ML roster not some minor league reclamation project that they recalled

I think it is more that he gave up runs in his last two games, 3 of the 9 runs he has allowed have come in the last 1.3 innings. I agree about calf strain and dl and think it is more of an excuse to give him a rest.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Just turned game on. Hope I don't Jinx them
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Pirates must overcome Shelton to win. With a 2-1 lead, he decides to turn the game over to the BP with 2 outs and a runner on 1B in the 5th. Ortiz had pitched well and was at 84 pitches. The move deprives Ortiz of the chance to win and forces the BP--with 5 recent call-ups: Perdomo, Bido, De Los Santos, Mlodzinski and Borucki to pitch half the game.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

577A77666170672724150 wrote: Pirates must overcome Shelton to win. With a 2-1 lead, he decides to turn the game over to the BP with 2 outs and a runner on 1B in the 5th. Ortiz had pitched well and was at 84 pitches. The move deprives Ortiz of the chance to win and forces the BP--with 5 recent call-ups: Perdomo, Bido, De Los Santos, Mlodzinski and Borucki to pitch half the game.

Is Bednar out?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

77525151446F525A584F3D0 wrote: Pirates must overcome Shelton to win. With a 2-1 lead, he decides to turn the game over to the BP with 2 outs and a runner on 1B in the 5th. Ortiz had pitched well and was at 84 pitches. The move deprives Ortiz of the chance to win and forces the BP--with 5 recent call-ups: Perdomo, Bido, De Los Santos, Mlodzinski and Borucki to pitch half the game.

Is Bednar out?
No, I was just mentioning all the newcomers.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Not a good time for Moreta's early season wildness to return. :(
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Perdomo's walk scores to tie it 2-2. Moreta's walk goes to 3rd on single.