Pirates announcing team 2024

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster

Pirates announcing team 2024

Post by Bobster »

Per the Post-Gazette:

Greg Brown and Joe Block continue to share play-by-play duties. Bob Walk, John Wehner, Kevin Young, Matt Capps and Neil Walker will return as analysts.

The most noticeable change is at sideline reporter, with Latrobe native Hannah Mears replacing Robby Incmikoski, who was not retained.

Rob King will work in studio for the majority of games. He’ll be joined by Michael McKenry, Steven Brault, Jordy Mercer and Alex Presley — all but McKenry making their first and most consistent forays into TV.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pir ... 2402200110

I guess my mute button will again get a workout with "Filibuster" Block still retained. But I can catch up on my sleep when Kevin Young works. We'll again be treated to the comedy of Brown, Walk and Capps. And the team will try to break last year's record of how many times the name "Brownie" can be said during a single broadcast. Glad to see Wehner back. He often seems to be the only one focused on the game.

In the studio, Rob King is solid. Not surprised to see Mercer added. Last season he was a guest in the booth one night and it had the feel of an audition. Brault might be a natural. Presley is a surprise. Hopefully, the new guys will learn more from King than from the often annoying McKenry.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Possum

Re: Pirates announcing team 2024

Post by Possum »

I might even watch the game on TV more often just to get a look at the lovely Hanna. I expect her to have more of a brain and not duplicate Robby's softball questions to the players.
Let's Go Bucs
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Possum wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:27 pm I might even watch the game on TV more often just to get a look at the lovely Hanna. I expect her to have more of a brain and not duplicate Robby's softball questions to the players.
Let's hope so. When Robby missed a few games late last season, Rob King did the post-game interviews and asked valid questions and got good responses from the players. So there can be value to those interviews. I always felt Robby was just into the entertainment aspect of the broadcasts and didn't know enough about baseball to ask intelligent questions. Hopefully, Hannah will make those interviews worth hearing.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Possum wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:27 pm I might even watch the game on TV more often just to get a look at the lovely Hanna. I expect her to have more of a brain and not duplicate Robby's softball questions to the players.
Somehow I don't think you will be watching too many games with Becky.
I don't think Becky will approve of Hannah