Pirates join Penguins as joint owners of SportsNet Pittsburgh

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Re: Pirates join Penguins as joint owners of SportsNet Pittsburgh

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Better than some other outcomes I guess. Was really hoping for a streaming option though.

The last TV deal for the Pirates was believed to be in the $50 million-$60 million range, which is very good when considering market size and the team’s competitive state.

It’s unlikely the Pirates obtained 80% of the previous agreement, but this does ensure stability.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

What effect does this have on the announcers?
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

It sounded like the ingame would be the same with the pre and post shuffled a bit.
Possum

Post by Possum »

Sounds great to me. I only hope that the arsehole Robby is kicked down the river without a paddle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's Go Bucs
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Possum wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:34 pm Sounds great to me. I only hope that the arsehole Robby is kicked down the river without a paddle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We can only hope! Block too!!! And I hope there is less emphasis on the announcer. We don't need to watch them talk to one another every inning.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:17 pm
Possum wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:34 pm Sounds great to me. I only hope that the arsehole Robby is kicked down the river without a paddle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We can only hope! Block too!!! And I hope there is less emphasis on the announcer. We don't need to watch them talk to one another every inning.
Sadly, it looks like Block is returning. As long as he's doing any broadcast, I won't be tuning in.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Doc wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:50 pm
Sadly, it looks like Block is returning. As long as he's doing any broadcast, I won't be tuning in.
If he's doing the TV, I switch to the radio audible. Brown doesn't try to be Mr. Funny as much on the radio.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:01 pm
Doc wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:50 pm
If he's doing the TV, I switch to the radio audible. Brown doesn't try to be Mr. Funny as much on the radio.
Since I follow the games on Game Day, I do my own broadcasts. I’m spectacular.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I guess Robby is out after 11 years. I just saw a tweet from Jason Mackey. Always tough to hear someone lost their job. Good luck to him.