R.I.P. Brooks Robinson

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster

R.I.P. Brooks Robinson

Post by Bobster »

Brooks Robinson passed away today at age 86. Brooks was an amazing 3Bman, good clutch hitter and terrific nice guy. Few have ever played 3B as well as he did. The 1970 World Series was his personal highlight film. But he had been doing that his whole career.

WS MVP 1970.
A.L. MVP 1964 (.317, 28 HRs, 118 RBIs)
18 X All-Star
16 x Gold Glove

Robinson was Baltimore's Bill Mazeroski. A personality everyone loved and respected and, oh by the way, probably the best to ever field their position. And of course, a World Series hero. The Orioles were always my 2nd team behind the Pirates. I saw Brooks play many times. With due respect to Cal Ripken Jr, no one ever personified the Orioles like Brooks Robinson.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Wildwoodcoach

Re: R.I.P. Brooks Robinson

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

AS I mentioned on the departed- 16 Gold Gloves.
Never heard anyone say one negative thing about the man
Doc

Post by Doc »

One of my all-time favorite players. He was godlike with a glove, and he worked hard to make himself into a good hitter. I’m lucky that he played during my lifetime and I got to see him live and not on grainy film.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I remember how sweet it was to win in 1971 because of guys like Brooks Robinson. I was 11, he was one of the living legends for me. Guys like him and Aaron and Mays, along with our own Bucs with Clemente and Mazeroski. You hear the grown men talk of these dudes with reverence, and it was wonderful to be able to see them all play.

RIP Brooks