David Ross Comments

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

David Ross Comments

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I guess Ross with his comments after last night’s game thinks the Bucs are not a good team. Sure they beat us multiple times this season , but we took two out of three in their September drive to the postseason. I still cannot forgive that team for taking out Kang in 2015. With him we may not have had to play the one game Wild Card game vs Arrieta.
Doc

Re: David Ross Comments

Post by Doc »

It was a stupid, classless thing to say, even if it would be true. If I were Shelton, I’d remind the players before each series with the Cubs in the future about what he said about them. It’s an incentive to play a little bit harder.
Possum

Post by Possum »

Ross has a lot on his managerial record he should not talk about. Given the high payroll of Cubbies, he has an advantage that Shelton does not have. Imagine me sticking up for Shelty. I hope Shelty will remind the Bucs' players of this every time they play the crybaby Cubbies. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's Go Bucs
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

David Ross, postgame after the Cubs 8-6 loss to the Pirates: “That’s not a good team that just took 2 out of 3 from us. Or not our caliber of team I believe. We have to turn it around. Its on me. Its on the guys in the room."

I don't really have a problem with it. It's not news that the Pirates are not a good team. The complete quote shows Ross was disappointed in himself and his players for losing a series to a team they knew had less talent. It didn't seem like he was going out of his way to insult the Pirates. Rather, he was pointing out that he and his players have to do better. But I understand that the Pirates don't appreciate that quote.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
UtahPirate2

Post by UtahPirate2 »

Bobster wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:26 pm David Ross, postgame after the Cubs 8-6 loss to the Pirates: “That’s not a good team that just took 2 out of 3 from us. Or not our caliber of team I believe. We have to turn it around. Its on me. Its on the guys in the room."

I don't really have a problem with it. It's not news that the Pirates are not a good team. The complete quote shows Ross was disappointed in himself and his players for losing a series to a team they knew had less talent. It didn't seem like he was going out of his way to insult the Pirates. Rather, he was pointing out that he and his players have to do better. But I understand that the Pirates don't appreciate that quote.
Honestly, his whining makes taking two of three from them even sweeter.

The worst thing about taking it to the Reds now is that it is helping those chump Cubs.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

With the Pirates playing these final three games with the Marlins who are slightly holding the last wild card spot over the Cubs I wonder if Ross is thinking he should have not made those comments about the Pirates being a bad team.