Who would you cut loose ?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Wildwoodcoach

Who would you cut loose ?

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Some posters including myself would like to see Andujar brought up again.
The downside is that someone on the 40 man Roster would have to be let go.
Your choices are either:
Don't bring Andujar up and why
Who would you let go and see if he clears waivers.
As for me, good bye Cody Bolton
Bobster

Re: Who would you cut loose ?

Post by Bobster »

Call up Andujar and DFA Capra. He's just another utility guy.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

I, too, would like to see Andujar have an opportunity. There are more than a few guys (that’s the problem) who could be let go, among them Williams, Rivas, and Capra, but also some guys in Indy, including Cal Mitchell and Canaan Smith-Njigba. BC should have no problem clearing space in order to add players to the roster.
Possum

Post by Possum »

I'd cut Capra in a minute. Unfortunately, he is in the lineup today.
I'd also cut Bolton, he stinks.
Let's Go Bucs
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I would probably let Capra go to make room for Andujar. On the same subject, there are players on the 60 day IL which will need to return to the roster after the season. Guys like Capra, Mitchell, Bolton and Williams may need to be removed to add such players as Brubaker, and Marcano.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Real easy answer, and it really has nothing to do with current performance, upsides, organizational filler, etc. Mind you, I am not advocating the move, just playing devils advocate.

Connor Joe. He's no more a first baseman than anyone else, he's on a one year contract and he can't be traded.

But I don't see Andujar getting another shot. They can expand the roster 2 guys in just over a week. One of those guys will be Cruz. I can't but help think Williams is a place holder for Skenes come mid September. I think they will also throw Kranick a bone.

What's all the love for Andujar anyhow? Guy cleared waivers didnt he? If i am correct on that, all 30 teams can't be wrong.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Surgnbuck wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:23 pm Real easy answer, and it really has nothing to do with current performance, upsides, organizational filler, etc. Mind you, I am not advocating the move, just playing devils advocate.

Connor Joe. He's no more a first baseman than anyone else, he's on a one year contract and he can't be traded.

But I don't see Andujar getting another shot. They can expand the roster 2 guys in just over a week. One of those guys will be Cruz. I can't but help think Williams is a place holder for Skenes come mid September. I think they will also throw Kranick a bone.

What's all the love for Andujar anyhow? Guy cleared waivers didnt he? If i am correct on that, all 30 teams can't be wrong.
Regarding Conner Joe: he still has limited service time. He's not a FA until 2028 and he's not even arb eligible until 2025. So he'll probably be back next year at a low (by MLB standards) salary.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Oh wow, I thought Joe was a FA pick up. My bad.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Surgnbuck wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:34 pm Oh wow, I thought Joe was a FA pick up. My bad.
I too expect Joe back next season. He can play the corner outfield positions, and can fill in at first base. Personally I am not sure if Andujar is part of their future plans.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Pirates seem content on just paying Andujar the million to stay away, somethings smells fishy.

Whole list of guys Pirates should release to make room. AAA is really bad. lol