Bobster

Bae activate. Triolo Optioned.

Post by Bobster »

Triolo has been one of their best hitters. go figure. :x
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Re: Bae activate. Triolo Optioned.

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:25 pm Triolo has been one of their best hitters. go figure. :x
So basically, the people in charge had a choice of having either Bae on the team or Triolo, and they chose the guy who’s the lesser player? I don’t know why this surprises me.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Doc wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:06 pm
Bobster wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:25 pm Triolo has been one of their best hitters. go figure. :x
So basically, the people in charge had a choice of having either Bae on the team or Triolo, and they chose the guy who’s the lesser player? I don’t know why this surprises me.
Or they could have kept them both and optioned the guy who's hitting .200 and just filling in for Cruz at SS, which Peguero could also do.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I like Triolo as much as any of us on this Site. I believe he has a future with the Pirates. Williams on the other hand is a very good defender who is a place holder until Cruz returns. I am not sure if Williams will make the 40 Man Winter Roster in November. As I look at the roster move today, the Pirates chose to keep the better defensive shortstop that is currently on the roster. In my opinion Williams is a better defensive shortstop than Peguero. I have liked Peguero at second base, he seems comfortable at that position.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:25 pm I like Triolo as much as any of us on this Site. I believe he has a future with the Pirates. Williams on the other hand is a very good defender who is a place holder until Cruz returns. I am not sure if Williams will make the 40 Man Winter Roster in November. As I look at the roster move today, the Pirates chose to keep the better defensive shortstop that is currently on the roster. In my opinion Williams is a better defensive shortstop than Peguero. I have liked Peguero at second base, he seems comfortable at that position.
I agree, but I believe it was very short-sighted by the Pirates. Williams is their best defensive SS but his future with the team is iffy at best. Triolo has played well and should be part of the core moving forward. They aren't fighting for a post season spot so the defensive advantage of Williams over Peguero at SS is fairly irrelevant. And the offense provided by Triolo at 2B and Peguero at SS would far outweigh the offense of Peguero and Williams. Peguero can play 2B when Cruz returns but he is a natural SS. Optioning Triolo hurts the team and it's hard to understand how Williams is more valuable.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Was hoping to never see Bae again. :x
JollyRoger8

Post by JollyRoger8 »

Why?
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Bae has nice speed and utility but just seems weak and overmatched at the plate. More seasoning at AAA is needed and a cycle of roids. :shock:
JollyRoger8

Post by JollyRoger8 »

PooperScooper ! wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:38 pm Bae has nice speed and utility but just seems weak and overmatched at the plate. More seasoning at AAA is needed and a cycle of roids. :shock:
Bae has actually exhibited more power than Triolo.
Don’t get me wrong, I like Triolo but he is KeBryan Hayes version 2 with even less power. I think Bae offers more versatility, certainly exceptional speed which the Bucs need badly. I think Bae has a tendency to press when things are not going his way at the plate. He’s young and will mature. I like his upside.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Bobster wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:23 pm
fjk090852-7 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:25 pm I like Triolo as much as any of us on this Site. I believe he has a future with the Pirates. Williams on the other hand is a very good defender who is a place holder until Cruz returns. I am not sure if Williams will make the 40 Man Winter Roster in November. As I look at the roster move today, the Pirates chose to keep the better defensive shortstop that is currently on the roster. In my opinion Williams is a better defensive shortstop than Peguero. I have liked Peguero at second base, he seems comfortable at that position.
I agree, but I believe it was very short-sighted by the Pirates. Williams is their best defensive SS but his future with the team is iffy at best. Triolo has played well and should be part of the core moving forward. They aren't fighting for a post season spot so the defensive advantage of Williams over Peguero at SS is fairly irrelevant. And the offense provided by Triolo at 2B and Peguero at SS would far outweigh the offense of Peguero and Williams. Peguero can play 2B when Cruz returns but he is a natural SS. Optioning Triolo hurts the team and it's hard to understand how Williams is more valuable.
Optioning Triolo does hurt the team, but winning more games this season is not a priority of management. It doesn't mean that the front office thinks Williams is more valuable either. Most likely it is more for helping decide who they keep for next season. I can't see Williams coming back unless is bat is a lot better in the remainder of this season. If it isn't he is likely to be removed from 40 man roster. Triolo's spot on 40 man is safe.