Hayes activated.

Post by Bobster »

Yawn
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Bobster

Re: Hayes activated.

Post by Bobster »

Delay was recalled without delay. :)

INF Vinny Capra recalled from Indy where he was hitting .350.
Doc

Post by Doc »

I’m glad Hayes is well enough to play but, on the other hand, I’m not happy that his return will work against Triolo. I really want him to play everyday. I believe he’s going to be a better all around player than Hayes.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Doc wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:40 pm I’m glad Hayes is well enough to play but, on the other hand, I’m not happy that his return will work against Triolo. I really want him to play everyday. I believe he’s going to be a better all around player than Hayes.
I agree. But we will constantly be told how great Hayes is and every time he makes a routine play we will be told he made it look easy. When Hayes bobbled a ball a few games ago but still got the guy at 1B, the announcers never mentioned the bobble but praised him for knowing how much time he had. All he did was make the throw as soon as he got a handle on the ball. I don't think it matters what Triolo does. The organization is committed to promoting Hayes as a star player.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:57 pm
Doc wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:40 pm I’m glad Hayes is well enough to play but, on the other hand, I’m not happy that his return will work against Triolo. I really want him to play everyday. I believe he’s going to be a better all around player than Hayes.
I agree. But we will constantly be told how great Hayes is and every time he makes a routine play we will be told he made it look easy. When Hayes bobbled a ball a few games ago but still got the guy at 1B, the announcers never mentioned the bobble but praised him for knowing how much time he had. All he did was make the throw as soon as he got a handle on the ball. I don't think it matters what Triolo does. The organization is committed to promoting Hayes as a star player.
That’s because marketing (the business side) is more important than winning (the on-the-field side).
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Doc wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:26 am
Bobster wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:57 pm

That’s because marketing (the business side) is more important than winning (the on-the-field side).
True. Especially with a Bob Nutting team. They make no commitment to winning. But if they market it juuuust right.......