dogknot17@yahoo.co

Taillon on DL?

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

What is wrong with Taillon?

Or is this to get him some rest?
SammyKhalifa

Taillon on DL?

Post by SammyKhalifa »

060D05090C0D165355221B030A0D0D4C010D620 wrote: What is wrong with Taillon?

Or is this to get him some rest?

"Shoulder Fatigue."

Hurdle implied that we'd hear more today when the interview with the trainers happen.
SteadyFreddy

Taillon on DL?

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I just think they are gonna shut him down for a few weeks with the All Star Break coming. It will keep his innings low and it will allow him to pitch into September without much concern. It's way too convenient this happened right before the All Star Break.
NCBuccofan

Taillon on DL?

Post by NCBuccofan »

66415054514C73475051514C350 wrote: I just think they are gonna shut him down for a few weeks with the All Star Break coming. It will keep his innings low and it will allow him to pitch into September without much concern. It's way too convenient this happened right before the All Star Break.

Why DL him then? They already used his option this year, why not option him to AAA?
Bobster21

Taillon on DL?

Post by Bobster21 »

1F12132432323E37303F510 wrote: I just think they are gonna shut him down for a few weeks with the All Star Break coming. It will keep his innings low and it will allow him to pitch into September without much concern. It's way too convenient this happened right before the All Star Break.

Why DL him then?  They already used his option this year, why not option him to AAA?

They don't want him pitching in AAA either.

SteadyFreddy

Taillon on DL?

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Believe me I don't like shutting him down at all especially in this series against the Cardinals with as important as these games are. I would much rather have Taillon pitching tonight especially coming off the superb outing he had in Seattle last week. As I mentioned in another thread they could call up Glasnow to pitch on Sunday against the Cubs if they really wanted too seeing that there is an open spot in the rotation.
PMike

Taillon on DL?

Post by PMike »

4B666B7A7D6C7B3B38090 wrote: I just think they are gonna shut him down for a few weeks with the All Star Break coming. It will keep his innings low and it will allow him to pitch into September without much concern. It's way too convenient this happened right before the All Star Break.

Why DL him then?  They already used his option this year, why not option him to AAA?

Plus, he gets to be with the major league team. He gets all of the benefits (and substantially bigger paycheck) being with the big league team. It's actually a really good thing the Pirates are doing.
NCBuccofan

Taillon on DL?

Post by NCBuccofan »

694449585F4E59191A2B0 wrote: I just think they are gonna shut him down for a few weeks with the All Star Break coming. It will keep his innings low and it will allow him to pitch into September without much concern. It's way too convenient this happened right before the All Star Break.

Why would he have to?
NCBuccofan

Taillon on DL?

Post by NCBuccofan »

1C012527294C0 wrote: I just think they are gonna shut him down for a few weeks with the All Star Break coming. It will keep his innings low and it will allow him to pitch into September without much concern. It's way too convenient this happened right before the All Star Break.

Plus, he gets to be with the major league team.  He gets all of the benefits (and substantially bigger paycheck) being with the big league team.  It's actually a really good thing the Pirates are doing.

But none of those things would have been helpful earlier in the season?
dmetz

Taillon on DL?

Post by dmetz »

If they option him and then shut him down it's a garbage move that I hope he would file a union grievance over because he's getting a substantially smaller paycheck while on his little vacation to save innings.   Right up Nuttings alley though  ;D 

This way, he gets the ML paycheck while on his vacation.  Shoulder fatigue, just like every other pitcher in baseball.