7/6 Game Thread...Locke down 7 wins in a row...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Alright the Bucs go for what they hope will be lucky win number 7 in a row tonight which by the way would be a season high winning streak for them. Hopefully the Locke that has shown up the past 2-3 starts will show up again tonight and the Bucs can go for the sweep tomorrow afternoon with Glasnow on the mound. I think if the Bucs can just get 1 of these next 2 games and finish this trip at 7-2 and take 3 of 4 from the Cardinals that everybody would sign up for that in a heartbeat. I definitely like their chances of at least that being able to happen.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Cubs lose again today to the Reds. A chance to pull within 8.5 of the Cubs with a win tonight in St Louis. If the Pirates win both tonight and tomorrow and the Cubs lose again tomorrow to the Braves and this deficit goes down to 7.5 games then that is going to make this series with the Cubs this weekend very interesting with a pretty good opportunity for the Pirates to potentially get back in this division race.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

If Freese keeps this up, instead of standing ovations, they'll start greeting him with boos in STL
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Locke K's Carpenter on 4 pitches...not a better possible way for Locke to start this one off...
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

The catch by Rodriguez in bottom of first saved a run and was one of the great catches ever.  Can't get any better. 
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Matt Carpenter has to leave the game in the 4th. Doesn't sound good.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

I hate Diaz...he's a pest to us so far...plus, with his unibrow, buck teeth, and scar under the right eye, he's very painful to look at...
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Not looking good tonight down 5-1. Not a good start for Locke at all. These starting pitchers have to start finding a way to pitch more then 5 innings. You can't win games consistently if this keeps happening essentially every game with the Pirates.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Well, with all the talented rookies I've seen pitch for the Pirates lately...I don't think there's any reason I should suffer through another Jeff Locke start...

SRod makes it 5-2 quickly
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I know Locke has had some good games this year. But he still entered the game with a 5+ ERA. He's just too prone to having awful games. I hope the rotation gets good enough to exclude him.