Alen Hanson

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

steve49

Alen Hanson

Post by steve49 »

Don't look now but Hanson has raised his average around 25 points in the last 5 games. He's on fire and up to around .275 with 27 steals. Looks like he's a prospect again.....
NCBuccofan

Alen Hanson

Post by NCBuccofan »

Probably a utility player going forward. His last month has been very good. Out of options next year, so probably good time for him to get hot for a trade.
johnfluharty

Alen Hanson

Post by johnfluharty »

I'd like to see him get some reps at short again so he can be an option to back up at short as well.
fjk090852-7

Alen Hanson

Post by fjk090852-7 »

In my mind it seems like the Bucs are not very excited with Hanson. He was up for a couple games this year, but it seems there are other players which the FO considers are ahead of him on the depth chart. It would not surprise me if he was moved at the August 1st trade deadline for a player to add to the current 25 man roster.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Alen Hanson

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

2C292E28202A332E2734323F460 wrote: I'd like to see him get some reps at short again so he can be an option to back up at short as well. 

That is a good idea. I don't think he has a future in Pittsburgh as a starter, maybe a back up.

I assume Mercer gets a deal this off season. Harrison and Kang aren't going anywhere.

Hanson's best bet with Pirates is a middle infield back up. I am sure Newman and maybe Tucker are higher in the Pirates' eyes.
SteadyFreddy

Alen Hanson

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I would definitely use Hanson as trade bait at the deadline this year for a pitcher or anybody that can help improve the Major League roster.
skinnyhorse

Alen Hanson

Post by skinnyhorse »

7D71702B222B232E29362C1B0 wrote: In my mind it seems like the Bucs are not very excited with Hanson. He was up for a couple games this year, but it seems there are other players which the FO  considers are ahead of him on the depth chart. It would not surprise me if he was  moved at the August 1st trade deadline for a player to add to the current 25 man roster.
I'd like to see him get a chance to play in the Burg he might ignite the team. You never know who thought Josh Harrison was going to do what he did a couple of years ago. Answer nobody.