Frank Duncan

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ScottinMass

Frank Duncan

Post by ScottinMass »

I do not know the scouting report on his stuff, but he is quietly having a really good season. Between AA and AAA, he has 9 wins, with 16 BB's and 76 K's in 88 IP, ERA of 2.45 and WHIP of 1.09.

24 years old, and it's coming on the heels of 19 BB's and 111 K's at Bradenton last year in 152 innings.

Pitched a scoreless inning in the AAA All-Star game last night.

Some more depth and/or trade bait.
UtahPirate

Frank Duncan

Post by UtahPirate »

It's interesting how we do our annual poll looking for the gems in the Pirate system -- and prospect sites do theirs -- and a guy like Frank Duncan is suddenly succeeding a such a high level with hardly a mention by anybody.

Maybe it's just his name ... Frank Duncan. So vanilla. I mean, it isn't close to as cool as Montana DuRapau (best name in the system) so it was easy for everyone to overlook him.
SammyKhalifa

Frank Duncan

Post by SammyKhalifa »

4362777E467F64776273160 wrote:

Maybe it's just his name ... Frank Duncan. So vanilla. I mean, it isn't close to as cool as Montana DuRapau (best name in the system) so it was easy for everyone to overlook him.

For some reason the name "Frank Duncan" reminds me of a detective in some old Film Noir.
Bobster21

Frank Duncan

Post by Bobster21 »

4E7C70706456757C71747B7C1D0 wrote:

For some reason the name "Frank Duncan" reminds me of a detective in some old Film Noir. 

It sure does. I like the way you think.
NCBuccofan

Frank Duncan

Post by NCBuccofan »

7F5E4B427A43584B5E4F2A0 wrote: It's interesting how we do our annual poll looking for the gems in the Pirate system -- and prospect sites do theirs -- and a guy like Frank Duncan is suddenly succeeding a such a high level with hardly a mention by anybody.

No way is Montana DuRapau the best name. Mister Luciano is the best name.

Best all time is Henry Henry, which is apparently a common name since the Padres just signed a player last year with the same name. And then of course Tito Polo. Scooter Hightower is in the conversation.

As for Duncan, he is at least someone that can take a role like Casey Sadler and Brandon Cumpton had.
ArnoldRothstein

Frank Duncan

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Bill Pennyfeather
UtahPirate

Frank Duncan

Post by UtahPirate »

424F4E796F6F636A6D620C0 wrote: It's interesting how we do our annual poll looking for the gems in the Pirate system -- and prospect sites do theirs -- and a guy like Frank Duncan is suddenly succeeding a such a high level with hardly a mention by anybody.

No way is M_nt_n_ D_R_p__ the best name.  Mister Luciano is the best name.

Best all time is Henry Henry, which is apparently a common name since the Padres just signed a player last year with the same name.  And then of course Tito Polo.  Scooter Hightower is in the conversation.

As for Duncan, he is at least someone that can take a role like Casey Sadler and Brandon Cumpton had.

Wanna buy a vowel?

I will say I was pretty thrilled when we drafted Scooter Hightower (and he's like 6'6" with the name Scooter, ha!) but I had not heard of Mister Luciano. Good one too!
Jerseykc

Frank Duncan

Post by Jerseykc »

Wes Swackhamer

http://www.baseball-reference.com/regis ... ackh001wes

from a town near me and saw him play for the NY-Pen NJ Cards back in '04. He got up to FSL in Palm Beach
Bobster21

Frank Duncan

Post by Bobster21 »

7756434A724B50435647220 wrote:

I will say I was pretty thrilled when we drafted Scooter Hightower (and he's like 6'6" with the name Scooter, ha!) but I had not heard of Mister Luciano. Good one too!

I met Hightower at Pirate City during extended spring training. Seemed like a nice kid. Didn't realize he was 6'6".
ChitownBucco

Frank Duncan

Post by ChitownBucco »

I like the name Tito Polo

And he is having a very interesting season