Lodolo

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

OrlandoMerced

Lodolo

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Callis said earlier today that Lodolo is the most likely high draft pick to not sign.

Is anyone up to date on this negotiation?
SammyKhalifa

Lodolo

Post by SammyKhalifa »

well he "twittered" out that he's going to college
OrlandoMerced

Lodolo

Post by OrlandoMerced »

That sucks. I thought he was the most intriguing pick they made.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Lodolo

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

0E3C30302416353C31343B3C5D0 wrote: well he "twittered" out that he's going to college

Hopefully, it is a ploy for more money.
UtahPirate

Lodolo

Post by UtahPirate »

6368606C6968733630477E666F6868296468070 wrote: well he "twittered" out that he's going to college

Hopefully, it is a ploy for more money.

I think the amount we can spend at this point is pretty well defined. Negotiations aren't like they used to be. That amount will go unused and we should get another draft pick around that slot next year. Hope for an Appel -- turns into Meadows kind of pick!
CTBucco

Lodolo

Post by CTBucco »

Yeah. Unless the kid suddenly decides that his chances of being drafted a lot higher 3 years from now are not great and that $1.5M will help erase any second thoughts, it's hard to imagine he's going to sign at this point.

I think the Bucs still have about $300k they can go over slot to sign picks without being penalized. So, maybe signing one of the Austins (Bodrato or Shields) plus a comp pick for not signing Lodolo won't be all bad.
OrlandoMerced

Lodolo

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Lodolo is making a bad decision here. I'm guessing it's not because of draft stock/money reasons. He's not going to improve his stock by enough to turn down the $1.5M+ today for maybe more or the same in the future.

I'm thinking he wants the college experience, which is fine, but if that's his mindset, it's already better off for him not to be brought into the organization.
SammyKhalifa

Lodolo

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I can't be the only one that can't read his name without seeing "LOL LOL LOL" can I?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Lodolo

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

625F414C43494260485F4E48492D0 wrote: Lodolo is making a bad decision here.  I'm guessing it's not because of draft stock/money reasons.  He's not going to improve his stock by enough to turn down the $1.5M+ today for maybe more or the same in the future. 

I'm thinking he wants the college experience, which is fine, but if that's his mindset, it's already  better off for him not to be brought into the organization.

I agree.

I used to be against players leaving college early for pro ball. Not anymore. Not with how much money these guys make. I know baseball is different in drafting high school kids, but the concept is still there.

I would take $1.5 million in a heartbeat than risk getting hurt, getting worse or not as good (college vs high school) or being in some type of other accident.

That $1.5 million is better than working in a cube for $50,000 a year.
rucker59@gmail.com

Lodolo

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

3C373F3336372C696F182139303737763B37580 wrote: Lodolo is making a bad decision here.  I'm guessing it's not because of draft stock/money reasons.  He's not going to improve his stock by enough to turn down the $1.5M+ today for maybe more or the same in the future. 

I'm thinking he wants the college experience, which is fine, but if that's his mindset, it's already  better off for him not to be brought into the organization.

I agree.

I used to be against players leaving college early for pro ball.  Not anymore.  Not with how much money these guys make.  I know baseball is different in drafting high school kids, but the concept is still there.

I would take $1.5 million in a heartbeat than risk getting hurt, getting worse or not as good (college vs high school) or being in some type of other accident.

That $1.5 million is better than working in a cube for $50,000 a year. 

Maybe Josh Bell can give him a call....