7/20 Game Thread Locke versus Brewers...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Polanco RF

Marte LF

Cutch CF

Freese 1st

Cervelli C

Kang 3rd

Harrison 2nd

Mercer SS

Locke P

I think minus Bell being up here and in the lineup everyday at 1st base this is the best possible lineup the Bucs can and should run out there everyday moving forward.
NCBuccofan

Post by NCBuccofan »

That is interesting. I would actually like to see Frazier play a little more at 2B.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I agree about the line up.

This is basically the line up I have wanted at the beginning of the year with the exception of Kang batting 4th and first base.  I prefer Freese over Jaso at this point.

I always wanted Marte to bat in front of McCutchen.  I figured it would open up some holes and there would be more fastballs for McCutchen (team's best hitter, I thought). 

I like it.  Let's Go Bucs.
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

7E757D7174756E2B2D5A637B7275753479751A0 wrote: I agree about the line up.

This is basically the line up I have wanted at the beginning of the year with the exception of Kang batting 4th and first base.  I prefer Freese over Jaso at this point.

I always wanted Marte to bat in front of McCutchen.  I figured it would open up some holes and there would be more fastballs for McCutchen (team's best hitter, I thought). 

I agree with you on Marte ahead of McCutchen for the reasons you noted, but I like Marte in the 4 hole, Cutch to 5. Polanco in the 3 spot.
NCBuccofan

Post by NCBuccofan »

0B3B372C2C313615392B2B580 wrote: I agree about the line up.

I agree with you on Marte ahead of McCutchen for the reasons you noted, but I like Marte in the 4 hole, Cutch to 5. Polanco in the 3 spot.

That makes the most sense.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

5F6F6378786562416D7F7F0C0 wrote: I agree about the line up.

Does that mean you want Harrison leading off with Cervelli second?
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

5B50585451504B0E087F465E575050115C503F0 wrote: I agree about the line up.

Does that mean you want Harrison leading off with Cervelli second?

Harrison or Frazier leading off with Cervelli batting 2nd is what I would do as manager. Hopefully Polanco will be healthy for the rest of the season.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

With every Locke start now you have to wonder, will this be his last? The days are numbered...hope he can go out solid at least...
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

013736212A2B3123002D3131420 wrote: With every Locke start now you have to wonder, will this be his last?  The days are numbered...hope he can go out solid at least...

You also have to wonder if he'll be good or terrible.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Great play by Kang for DP.