Trade Deadline Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Jerseykc

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by Jerseykc »

Starting a thread for the deadline countdown

Per MLB.com Indians are checking out Lucroy. It would be nice to get him out of the division

http://m.brewers.mlb.com/news/article/1 ... rs-lucroy/
PMike

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by PMike »

Cubs traded one of their best prospects (Vogelbach) for a Releif pitcher. The got lefty Mike Montgomery from Seattle. They also swapped lower level prospects. Seems like a whole lot to pay for a relief pitcher. Of course, Epstein is comparing him to Andrew Miller.
mouse

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by mouse »

Apparently he's (Vogelbach) only suited to first base or DH, which limits his utility. He's effectively blocked at first with the Cubs, which made him a trade candidate. As to the return, that's anyone's guess. Trading for relief pitchers has to be problematic, but if you want someone at the trade deadline you have to be prepared to overpay.
ChitownBucco

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by ChitownBucco »

Montgomery is also capable of being a starter in seasons to come. Under control until 2021 I believe. Nasty vs lefties.

Cubs couldn't find room for both Vogelbach AND Schwarber
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I tuned into the Rays game last night and the announcers were talking about how Archer would and should in their opinion cost a fortune. But they were also thinking he will be moved soon.
Jerseykc

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by Jerseykc »

MLB.com reporting that Dodgers are front runners for Archer.

In some ways, I'd be surprised that they would want to move him (cost, age and control are all good). But they are listening

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/190902504 ... is-archer/
mouse

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by mouse »

On the whole, I'm not hearing much on the trade front. There's still a week to go, but it seems everyone is waiting until the last possible moment. I suppose sellers are holding out for the last drop of blood and buyers are trying to avoid offering it up. I keep expecting to see a trade for Locke. Miami is looking for someone left-handed, starter or reliever. Could be a fit there.
SammyKhalifa

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Dumb question, but is trade deadline changed to the 1st only because the 31st is a Sunday?
Jerseykc

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by Jerseykc »

Nats wanting Chapman for the WS run

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/191069694 ... s-chapman/

Former Harrisburg Senator, Michael Taylor is probably available but don't really see much else that the Yanks would be interested in except the Nats untouchables.
Tintin

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by Tintin »

Watching us tonight, I'm ready to blow it up.

Forget trading Meadows, let's see what we can get for Shark, any non rookie pitcher not named Cole, Freese, Joyce, and Jaso and see what happens.

This team isn't making the playoffs. Let's see what the kids can do.