Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

GLasnow to DL

Post by fjk090852-7 »

GLasnow has been placed on DL and Schugal has been recalled
SteadyFreddy

GLasnow to DL

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Why not Bell would have been the perfect time to get him back up here. The Pirates have way too many arms in the bullpen right now. Bell unlike Glasnow is ready and can help this team win now.
LumberCo

GLasnow to DL

Post by LumberCo »

if glasnow comes back relatively soon I think they should just let him pitch out the remainder of the Triple A season and bring him back up when rosters expand after indy is done. you can see the talent but he is just not ready IMO
rucker59@gmail.com

GLasnow to DL

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

6D544C434453624E210 wrote: if glasnow comes back relatively soon I think they should just let him pitch out the remainder of the Triple A season and bring him back up when rosters expand after indy is done.  you can see the talent but he is just not ready IMO

Agreed. Yesterday was simply awful, but I'm guessing he wanted to pitch so bad that he hid his condition. Still, he clearly has things to work on. I'm betting his experience in the majors will cause him to refocus at AAA, on what he needs to be successful in Pittsburgh.
Ecbucs

GLasnow to DL

Post by Ecbucs »

2F283E36382F68641D3A303C3431733E32305D0 wrote: if glasnow comes back relatively soon I think they should just let him pitch out the remainder of the Triple A season and bring him back up when rosters expand after indy is done.  you can see the talent but he is just not ready IMO

Agreed.  Yesterday was simply awful, but I'm guessing he wanted to pitch so bad that he hid his condition.  Still, he clearly has things to work on.  I'm betting his experience in the majors will cause him to refocus at AAA, on what he needs to be successful in Pittsburgh.
I agree, I don't see how his experience in majors can hurt him. He was not demolished, his weaknesses were exploited.
LumberCo

GLasnow to DL

Post by LumberCo »

that and Taillon better learn a pitch he can bust inside to lefties.