Eovaldi

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Eovaldi

Post by SammyKhalifa »

"Sources: Yankees & Pirates have made progress on deal around Nathan Eovaldi. Pirates would send package around Steven Brault in return."

I like Brault but I would like a move like this. Thoughts?
SammyKhalifa

Eovaldi

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Originally saw this through Rob Biertempfel, but just noticed that Tim at PP was on it too.  Seems my thoughts are in line with his, though I used fewer words and numbers to back them, heh.
fjk090852-7

Eovaldi

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I liked what Brault has done in his two starts, but Eovaldi is a veteran who has been successful at times. He appears to be the type of starting pitcher the Bucs would pursue. He is under control for next year as well. I would think if they do acquire him that Locke or Niese get traded for even a low prospect. They may even trade a guy like Hanson who does not appear on their radar since Moroff was recalled over him this weekend.
CarolinaBucco

Eovaldi

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Honestly I like Brault A LOT and I don't thinking trading him for someone I would describe as an established, mediocre No. 4 type starter is a good idea.

If I were the GM, Brault would be in my rotation right now, and would be pitching ahead of Locke and Vogelsong.

Hope they don't do this.
fjk090852-7

Eovaldi

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It was very surprising that they sent Brault down yesterday because I thought that he had a quality start on Friday against the Brewers. Possibly there might be something up involving him trade wise because why would the Bucs send down a pitcher who in my opinion has done better in his first two starts than their number one prospect Glasnow in his first two starts.
Bobster21

Eovaldi

Post by Bobster21 »

666A6B3039303835322D37000 wrote: It was very surprising that they sent Brault down yesterday because I thought that he had a quality start on Friday against the Brewers. Possibly there might be something up involving him trade wise because why would the Bucs send down a pitcher who in my opinion has done better in his first two starts  than their number one prospect Glasnow  in his first two starts.
Here's an evaluation of Brault's latest start that shows it might not have been as impressive as the final stats suggest. I think they probably sent him down to work on his command.

http://rumbunter.com/2016/07/30/steven- ... ond-start/

Bobster21

Eovaldi

Post by Bobster21 »

Eovaldi is due for arbitration next year. That doesn't seem to fit the Pirates' strategy of not paying a lot for pitchers. Besides, Eovaldi will probably be awarded a lot more than he's worth. Next year they could start 5 of Cole, Taillon, Liriano, Kuhl, Glasnow and Brault. If Brault was traded for Eovaldi, then Glasnow or Kuhl would be the odd man out. Unless they trade Liriano in the off season, which would both open a spot for Eovaldi and provide the money to pay him. So I don't expect this trade. But if it happens, I don't expect to see Liriano next year.
ArnoldRothstein

Eovaldi

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

It seems like people are mostly just retweeting this, rather than giving it any credence.
SammyKhalifa

Eovaldi

Post by SammyKhalifa »

5D6E727370784E7368746F687975721C0 wrote: It seems like people are mostly just retweeting this, rather than giving it any credence.

Ya, I think it's a combination of that one minor source and that people already know that the Pirates were interested in him previously
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Eovaldi

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I like the fact they are wanting a sure thing, knowing what you will get, but not sure I like Eovaldi. he is having one of his worse years stat wise.

There has to be someone better out there. I like Brault too, but understand how he could be dealt considering the depth.

Tanaka is the only Yankee I would want. I doubt they trade him or if the Pirates want to pay him $23 million a year for the next four years.