The New Starting Rotation

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

So now that Liriano has been sent north of the border, Niese back to the Mets...

We have:

#1-Gerrit Cole

#2-Jameson Tallion

#3-Ivan Nova

#4-

#5-

Gee, I hope we don't have to suffer through more Jeff Locke. He drives me nuts with his on again, off again pattern.

Beat'em Bucs
SpeedyG

Post by SpeedyG »

Jeff Locke and Ryan Vogelsong fill out the rotation. Maybe Hutchison.

I imagine Locke will be in the bullpen if Glasnow is healthy.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I think they will give Glasnow more AAA time. But any of Kuhl, Brault or Hutchison could be in the rotation.
Quail

Post by Quail »

The Pirates have already announced that Locke and Vogelsong will be getting starts in the upcoming Atlanta series. It appears for now that Nova will take Liriano's spot.

I just read that Drew Hutchison who was acquired from Toronto in the Liriano trade will have an additional year of arb eligibility (3 total) if he spends a few more weeks in the minors this season. With the way the Pirates operate I'd be surprised if he makes a MLB appearance before September 1st. So I don't think he'll be part of the rotation until (if) then.

Personally I'd like to see Kuhl (is he still hurt?) or Brault get a rotation spot before Locke or Vogelsong.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

If I were GM I'd go with this moving forward:

1. Cole

2. Taillon

3. Nova

4. Brault

5. Vogelsong (for now)

While waiting & hoping for Kuhl, Glasnow or maybe Hutchison to step in for Vogelsong.

And for next year ...

1. Cole

2. Taillon

3. Glasnow

4. Brault

5. Hutchison or Kuhl
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

7F5D4E535055525D7E495F5F533C0 wrote: If I were GM I'd go with this moving forward:

1. Cole

2. Taillon

3. Nova

4. Brault

5. Vogelsong (for now)

While waiting & hoping for Kuhl, Glasnow or maybe Hutchison to step in for Vogelsong.

And for next year ...

1. Cole

2. Taillon

3. Glasnow

4. Brault

5. Hutchison or Kuhl And a free agent starting pitcher that can come in like AJ did a few years back and make a big difference with this young rotation. There are guys out there Mr Seven springs just has to be willing to maybe spend a little bit more than usual this time which I'm sure he probably won't.
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

311501090C600 wrote: The Pirates have already announced that Locke and Vogelsong will be getting starts in the upcoming Atlanta series. It appears for now that Nova will take Liriano's spot.

I just read that Drew Hutchison who was acquired from Toronto in the Liriano trade will have an additional year of arb eligibility (3 total) if he spends a few more weeks in the minors this season. With the way the Pirates operate I'd be surprised if he makes a MLB appearance before September 1st. So I don't think he'll be part of the rotation until (if) then.

Personally I'd like to see Kuhl (is he still hurt?) or Brault get a rotation spot before Locke or Vogelsong.

Kuhl is pitching for Indy tonight, I think first game back. I think Indy is going to be crowded, with Hutchison, Kuhl, Brault, Williams, Duncan, and Boscan. I'm guessing that Glasnow will pitch for Indy before Pittsburgh again.
Jerseykc

Post by Jerseykc »

7E4D5150535B6D504B574C4B5A56513F0 wrote: The Pirates have already announced that Locke and Vogelsong will be getting starts in the upcoming Atlanta series. It appears for now that Nova will take Liriano's spot.

Kuhl is pitching for Indy tonight, I think first game back. I think Indy is going to be crowded, with Hutchison, Kuhl, Brault, Williams, Duncan, and Boscan. I'm guessing that Glasnow will pitch for Indy before Pittsburgh again.

Kuhl and Brault should be back in Pittsburgh. I'm optimistic about Glasnow but would rather see him in the starting rotation 2017.
LumberCo

Post by LumberCo »

the two prospects that go for nova better be middle of the road and not top 20, might set some people off including myself
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

12213D3C3F37013C273B2027363A3D530 wrote:

Kuhl is pitching for Indy tonight, I think first game back.

Indy loses 1-0, Kuhl: 6 IP, 4 hits, 1 unearned run, no walks, six strikeouts. 85 pitches, 58 strikes.

Hutchison is posted to the Indy roster.