Salary flexability

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Leyland1948

Salary flexability

Post by Leyland1948 »

Salary dump, no International signing that I have heard of. Could the purse strings be tighter than we know of?
historyprof

Salary flexability

Post by historyprof »

I'm wondering if they're hoping to negotiate some extensions in the off-season. Cole? Is that even possible?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Salary flexability

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Do people really want to run Liriano out there? That is in best interest of the team?

He was a bad player too. It sucks some prospects went too, but losing Liriano and his 5.75 ERA is a good thing. Why is that not being noticed?
SammyKhalifa

Salary flexability

Post by SammyKhalifa »

3C373F3336372C696F182139303737763B37580 wrote: Do people really want to run Liriano out there?  That is in best interest of the team? 

He was a bad player too.  It sucks some prospects went too, but losing Liriano and his 5.75 ERA is a good thing.  Why is that not being noticed? 

I think I was more bullish on him coming back strong next year. I mean he's been comeback player of the year not once but twice. For this year, yeah, removing him was an improvement.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Salary flexability

4F7D71716557747D70757A7D1C0 wrote: Do people really want to run Liriano out there?  That is in best interest of the team? 

He was a bad player too.  It sucks some prospects went too, but losing Liriano and his 5.75 ERA is a good thing.  Why is that not being noticed? 

I think I was more bullish on him coming back strong next year.  I mean he's been comeback player of the year not once but twice.  For this year, yeah, removing him was an improvement.

I was surprised he was moved for that reason too, but everyone keeps saying salary Dump, Salary Dump, Salary Dump. He was a bad pitcher no matter what his salary was or going to be. Niese too. Yet, people aren't saying that about the Niese deal?
Ecbucs

Salary flexability

Post by Ecbucs »

59525A565352490C0A7D445C555252135E523D0 wrote: Do people really want to run Liriano out there?  That is in best interest of the team? 

well we are running Locke out there with his 5.43 ERA and Ivan Nova with his 4.90 ERA.
mouse

Salary flexability

Post by mouse »

I would agree that the 'salary dump' label doesn't apply here. I get the sense Liriano wasn't willing to do what Searage was suggesting to improve his pitching. No doubt he'll do well next year (or possibly even next week), but he wouldn't in Pittsburgh.

Sending Niese to the Mets I consider an insidiously clever ploy on NH's part to help us close the gap in the Wild Card hunt.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Salary flexability

1B3D3C2B3D2D5E0 wrote: Do people really want to run Liriano out there?  That is in best interest of the team? 

well we are running Locke out there with his 5.43 ERA and Ivan Nova with his 4.90 ERA.

Which is still better than Liriano, right?
Quail

Salary flexability

Post by Quail »

4D464E4247465D181E695048414646074A46290 wrote: Do people really want to run Liriano out there?  That is in best interest of the team? 

I noticed. But I also noticed that it was in the best interests of the Pirates to not to keep running Charlie Morton out there and they dumped him and his $8,000,000 salary and didn't have to give up any prospects. I'm still waiting for the Pirates to use the money they saved on that deal to improve the team.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Salary flexability

4B6F7B73761A0 wrote: Do people really want to run Liriano out there?  That is in best interest of the team? 

I noticed. But I also noticed that it was in the best interests of the Pirates to not to keep running Charlie Morton out there and they dumped him and his $8,000,000 salary and didn't have to give up any prospects. I'm still waiting for the Pirates to use the money they saved on that deal to improve the team.

Cervelli and Polanco were extended this year to long term contracts. Maybe some of that $8 million went to their combined $88 million they are owed?

But you are right, they aren't investing back into the team. Ugh!