ChitownBucco

El Toro OPs up to .808

Post by ChitownBucco »

After two long fly balls tonight

Nice work Pedro!
Ecbucs

El Toro OPs up to .808

Post by Ecbucs »

good for him. His best with Pirates was 788 or 789.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

El Toro OPs up to .808

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Would you rather have Alvarez or Jaso playing 1B regularly?
mouse

El Toro OPs up to .808

Post by mouse »

Jaso.
SteadyFreddy

El Toro OPs up to .808

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I would rather have Josh Bell. The Pirates cannot continue to keep running Jaso out there at 1st essentially every game and worse yet bat him leadoff. At some point enough has to be enough and Bell needs to be called up and given a chance to play. I really don't know what more the Pirates need to see out of Jaso to see that he stinks and is not a better option then Bell at 1st. It's very frustrating.
SteadyFreddy

El Toro OPs up to .808

Post by SteadyFreddy »

As for Pedro he is having a nice year after getting off to a terrible start. And yes I would definitely prefer having Pedro at 1st base over Jaso just for his bat alone.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

El Toro OPs up to .808

I am over Jaso too. I really liked his game at the beginning of the season. I liked his approach at the plate, he was getting on base with dinkers and with gap shots. His defense has never been a concern.

Now, I am done with him. I would rather have Freese in there. Kang needs to play more. Maybe his lack of playing has him playing like the way he is right now. There have been no signs to me that his knee is an issue.

Kang and Freese is better than one of those two and Jaso.
rucker59@gmail.com

El Toro OPs up to .808

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

How much of Pedro's improvement is due to the DH? Seriously, a lot of people thought that was his role. Put him back at 1st or 3rd every night and who knows.

Glad for Pedro. He might get a WS.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

El Toro OPs up to .808

686F79717F682F235A7D777B7376347975771A0 wrote: How much of Pedro's improvement is due to the DH?  Seriously, a lot of people thought that was his role.  Put him back at 1st or 3rd every night and who knows. 

Glad for Pedro.  He might get a WS. 

It isn't like he is well above his norm. He had his highest OPS last year when he was the worst defender in baseball.
mouse

El Toro OPs up to .808

Post by mouse »

I always considered Jaso to be a place saver, until Bell was ready. I would still like to think that although I am starting to wonder whether Bell will ever be ready. If you are expanding your original question, I would also pick Freese over Jaso given available choices currently on the team.