Glasnow Removed From Start

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Steve19981

Post by Steve19981 »

Glasnow came out of his start early with reported arm discomfort.

Sean McCool ‏@NotSoMcCool  2h2 hours ago

Glasnow was removed early from his start b/c he was "feeling uncomfortable and doing strange stuff with his arm". -Cora
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

See McCool's full article over at P2.

Glasnow leaves rehab start early.

Note: A Pirates Prospects is a subscription site but well worth the cost. An I am not being paid by Tim or any other member of the P2 staff to promote the site. I just like the info they provide and fell the price is cheap for that info.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Not a good start at all to the career of Glasnow with the Bucs. From his two sub-par starts in the Major League's to now this shoulder problem. Just hope we aren't dealing with these kinds of things next year this time with this guy. The Bucs are counting on Glasnow a lot to be a steady 2-3 guy in their rotation next season, and right now as we sit here today he looks nowhere near ready to fill that void.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

But he didn't start the season in the majors because the Pirates are dumb, amirite?
PMike

Post by PMike »

5A7D6C686D704F7B6C6D6D70090 wrote: Not a good start at all to the career of Glasnow with the Bucs. From his two sub-par starts in the Major League's to now this shoulder problem. Just hope we aren't dealing with these kinds of things next year this time with this guy. The Bucs are counting on Glasnow a lot to be a steady 2-3 guy in their rotation next season, and right now as we sit here today he looks nowhere near ready to fill that void.
I think they are expecting more than a 2-3. He has been a top 10 prospect in all of baseball. They are expecting an ace.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

They should shut him down. He can be the big call up next year like Cole was in 2013 and Taillon was this year.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

I agree with shutting him down. I don't think he is polished enough yet to really help the Pirates this year. I would rather have Brault come up or even to try Williams. Even without the potential injury, Glasnow needs to work on the change up and his command to really be effective.
Steve19981

Post by Steve19981 »

272F2C3B2D2D214E0 wrote: I agree with shutting him down.  I don't think he is polished enough yet to really help the Pirates this year.  I would rather have Brault come up or even to try Williams.  Even without the potential injury, Glasnow needs to work on the change up and his command to really be effective. 

This is probably a solid sentiment, but I'm hoping we don't need to use anyone else besides the five currently out there.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

Let's hope "shutting him down" is the cure all. Shoulders issues are scary.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

His first start was a good one. Allowed less than a baserunner per inning.

The 2nd start was terrible and he left with arm discomfort.

He needs to be taught a slide step at his height. Should have been using a slide step since A ball