Liriano

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Liriano

Post by JollyRoger »

Anyone notice Liriano's line last night?

He pitched 6 innings, no earned runs,

Gave up 4 hits, 2BB, 7 K's
DemDog

Liriano

Post by DemDog »

4D686B6B7E5568606275070 wrote: Anyone notice Liriano's line last night?

He's been so bad that he is bound to get a lucky start one of these days. I sure don't miss him.
JollyRoger

Liriano

Post by JollyRoger »

25040C250E06610 wrote: Anyone notice Liriano's line last night?

He's been so bad that he is bound to get a lucky start one of these days.  I sure don't miss him.

He was very good for the Bucs for 3 years. Pitched poorly for 4 months. If he happens to rebound in Toronto, that "trade" will go down as one of the if not the worst trades NH has made
Quail

Liriano

Post by Quail »

05202323361D20282A3D4F0 wrote: Anyone notice Liriano's line last night?

He's been so bad that he is bound to get a lucky start one of these days.  I sure don't miss him.

He was very good for the Bucs for 3 years. Pitched poorly for 4 months. If he happens to rebound in Toronto, that "trade" will go down as one of the if not the worst trades NH has made 

Like Possum I'm happy he's out of the Pirates rotation but if he does regain his previous level of success it will be viewed as a bad "trade", perhaps as you suggest JR, one of the worst.

Footnote: For Indianapolis last night Drew Hutchison (the player NH claims to have coveted in the Liriano deal) went 5 innings, gave up 10 hits, 7 runs (3 earned), and 2 home runs.

At least we're ahead in financial flexibility :D
PMike

Liriano

Post by PMike »

517561696C000 wrote: Anyone notice Liriano's line last night?

Like Possum I'm happy he's out of the Pirates rotation but if he does regain his previous level of success it will be viewed as a bad "trade", perhaps as you suggest JR, one of the worst.

Footnote: For Indianapolis last night Drew Hutchison (the player NH claims to have coveted in the Liriano deal) went 5 innings, gave up 10 hits, 7 runs (3 earned), and 2 home runs.

At least we're ahead in financial flexibility  :D 

My only defense for Hutchison is that he has to be working on things in AAA. He actually has had a pretty solid year in AAA for Toronto. I'll bet they wasted no time in deconstructing him for the rebuild.
Ecbucs

Liriano

Post by Ecbucs »

14092D2F21440 wrote: Anyone notice Liriano's line last night?

My only defense for Hutchison is that he has to be working on things in AAA.  He actually has had a pretty solid year in AAA for Toronto.  I'll bet they wasted no time in deconstructing him for the rebuild.

yep, that has to happen. If he isn't able to be a big contributor next year then acquiring him was a bad deal. On another board someone commented that they believe he may even be non-tenured by the Bucs. I don't think that will be the case as that would put a lot of egg on the face of NH and Pirate front office.
PMike

Liriano

Post by PMike »

113736213727540 wrote: Anyone notice Liriano's line last night?

My only defense for Hutchison is that he has to be working on things in AAA.  He actually has had a pretty solid year in AAA for Toronto.  I'll bet they wasted no time in deconstructing him for the rebuild.

yep, that has to happen.  If he isn't able to be a big contributor next year then acquiring him was a bad deal. On another board someone commented that they believe he may even be non-tenured by the Bucs.  I don't think that will be the case as that would put a lot of egg on the face of NH and Pirate front office.

Yeah, I don't think there is any chance of that happening. I take them at their word that they really do like him. It isn't hard to believe that they think he has a problem in his delivery and this would be the results of that process.
Steve19981

Liriano

Post by Steve19981 »

081531333D580 wrote: Anyone notice Liriano's line last night?

Hutchison had a two seamer early in his career and abandoned it for some reason. I believe I heard bringing it back was the game plan for him. Not a surprise there, but could explain some of the struggles.
dmetz

Liriano

Post by dmetz »

Not being a very good pitcher is the mostly likely explanation. ( Career 4.05 ERA in AAA)

But sure, so long as there's another inning for him to throw, we better wait and see how that embarrassment of a trade turns out
PMike

Liriano

Post by PMike »

3F363E2F215B0 wrote: Not being a very good pitcher is the mostly likely explanation. ( Career 4.05 ERA in AAA)

But sure, so long as there's another inning for him to throw, we better wait and see how that embarrassment of a trade turns out

What was Happ's career ERA in the majors when the Pirates traded for him? I'll bet it was well over 4.05.