8/28 Game Thread - Nova v the House of Horrors

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Supernova with a chance for a 4 game sweep at Miller Park...has that ever happened?

Almost makes me not sad about whatever this Cole issue is...almost...
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Need this win today big time. You gotta figure we are probably only going to maybe win one game at Wrigley after this. So if you can win today and get at least one there it will be a 5-2 roadtrip and still keep you right in the race for when the Cards come in here for Labor Day next week. Keep in mind also the Bucs are only 3 games out of the top wildcard spot as well behind the Giants. So both wildcard positions are still wide open with about 35 games or so left.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I hope no Sunday line up. Play the best. Sweep the series.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1. Josh Harrison (R) 2B

2. John Jaso (L) 1B

3. Andrew McCutchen (R) CF

4. Gregory Polanco (L) RF

5. Starling Marte (R) LF

6. David Freese (R) 3B

7. Francisco Cervelli (R) C

8. Jordy Mercer (R) SS

9. Ivan Nova (R) P
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Frazier looks like he is going back to the Minors for the time being. Hopefully he is back up when the September call-ups kick in on Thursday or Friday. Don't like giving Jaso a start today with as well as Bell has been hitting lately. Jaso has been doing great actually as a pinch hitter as I believe he has a hit in his last 5 or 6 pinch hit at-bats. Keep him on the bench and let Bell play everyday.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

6F48595D58457A4E595858453C0 wrote: Frazier looks like he is going back to the Minors for the time being. Hopefully he is back up when the September call-ups kick in on Thursday or Friday.

I don't get this move for Schugel. I can see for Minday's starter. Can't they send down Taillon and call him up when rosters expand.
CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

656E666A6F6E753036417860696E6E2F626E010 wrote: I hope no Sunday line up. Play the best. Sweep the series.

Well it's not really a full Sunday lineup, but it does include Jaso...
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Bases loaded one out in the 4th time to break through with a big hit. Freese at the plate.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Bucs don't score leave them loaded. Cervelli between his injuries and his offense this season has really been extremely disappointing. For 13 million a season which is what they gave him he better have a much better season next year.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Cards down 5-2 to the A's and the Marlins are down 3-1 to the Padres late in their game. Gotta take advantage of this today and win this game and so far the Pirates aren't doing it.